London, United Kingdom
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains.
Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages.
Discovery's portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe
Based within the Content Ops Department, the traffic co-ordinator is responsible for co-ordinating all programme deliverables for the 18 channels from the deal sign off to ingest of transmission ready materials. This involves co-ordinating ordering, delivery and monitoring QC processes in order to meet transmission deadlines, daily communication with distributors and the SBS territories and dealing with and resolving any material issues that might arise.
• Responsible for overseeing delivery of all programme deliverables from Discovery and external production houses.
• Running regular searches in WON and TX schedules to ensure all needed material is ordered and keeping track of incoming and outgoing material.
• Keeping track of outstanding orders, making sure all material is delivered in time and updating SBS territories on any issues with delivery.
• Ensuring all incoming material (tapes and files) is ingested in timely fashion.
• Prioritizing ingest of urgent tapes and files on daily basis.
• Dealing with distributor dispatch requests and ensuring material is shipped within the specified time period.
• Ensuring all incoming and outgoing material is logged correctly in WON.
• Dealing with material that doesn't pass QC, reporting material issues to the distributor and requesting replacements.
• Close interaction with the ingest department.
• Daily interaction with both distributors and teams in the SBS territories, ensuring that all information is passed on accurately and in timely manner.
• Accurately cataloguing a full range of media stored within the library and being able to accurately and concisely respond to queries with regard to library material.
• Co-ordinate the movement of tapes and files.
• Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require (e.g. purging the archive of material that's no longer required).
• Knowledge of television processes/terminology, intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
• Excellent organisational/administrative skills and attention to detail.
• The ability to juggle and effectively manage a large number of different project simultaneously and prioritizing as necessary.
• Ability to work unsupervised, proactive.
• Ability to work and remain calm under pressure.
• Excellent people and interpersonal skills, good team player.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to different demands.
• High levels of initiative, motivation and time management.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.