Discovery also has a strong portfolio of free-to-air channels across Europe making it a leading broadcaster in a number of countries, including Norway, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Germany and the UK. As a purpose-driven company, we are dedicated to not only entertaining but inspiring.
For 30 years we have told stories that entertain, inspire and enlighten our viewers around the world, about the world. But our work doesn't stop there. We are committed to making the world a better place by leveraging our market-leading global platform, and by extending the reach and influence of like-minded organizations and causes. We also are dedicated to employee volunteerism across the globe.
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
We are hiring a senior technical program manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technical operations and workflows which give the organization a competitive edge and improve developer efficiencies. Together with a group of skilled in-house and contract engineers, you will be working on managing front end implementations (all platforms. These projects are key for Discovery digital success and you will help to define strategies around technical solutions as well as drive the implementation.
The ideal candidate will also have a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Plus he/she should have experience of managing internal as well as contract teams across different geographies. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to others.
• Ability to handle / coordinate with a large team consisting of internal as well as external (outsourced/ contract) engineers spread across different geography.
• Scope & Complexity: You contribute to your team's success by ensuring that the right software is shipped successfully and on time. You help drive the resolution of complex technical problems by identifying simple and straightforward solutions.
• Decision Making: When you encounter problems, you are able to drive their resolution often, and when you cannot, you know who and how best to engage. When confronted with discordant views, you foster constructive dialogue and seek resolutions in a professional manner.
• Execution: You get a lot done. You communicate clearly, analyze technical designs, organize project timelines, secure commitments, manage risks, identify the critical path, spot edge cases, triage bugs, DTC Technical Program Manager Leveling Guide review metrics & data, and monitor launch operations. You switch effortlessly between these modes, adapting yourself to the needs of your workstreams.
• Operations: You apply processes and standards thoughtfully, identifying the right amount of process and structure to achieve the correct outcome with the least overhead.
• Influence: You influence your team through data to guide roadmap priorities for which features to build, software design changes, and operational excellence improvements. You have a deep technical and business understanding of your team's services.
• Communication: Your written and verbal communication skills are exemplary, concise and to the point, making you the initial point of contact for business and technical stakeholders.
• Comfortable and experienced in leading project teams in an agile environment for clint side platforms development (all platforms like – android, iOS, TV, web etc).
• Knowledge of operational practices, workflows, and support models for engineering teams. Understanding of incident mgmt. and monitoring workflows.
• Ability to collaborate with technology resources on projects given a solid understanding of current technologies and trends.
• Accountability of project scope and ensuring completion of projects while maintaining compliance with standard processes, quality, and schedule objectives.
• Estimating, scheduling, coordinating, assigning resources, and assisting and recommending business solutions/alternatives for projects.
• Knowledge of industry best practices for technical documentation.
• Ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals, including the use of data to drive improvements.
• Nice to have: AWS, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Jenkins, PagerDuty, Confluence and JIRA admin tool experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z79e-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.