Newshub is a multi-platform, highly collaborative newsroom and our team is committed to creating and delivering great content and great journalism to our audiences. We believe in being the best in delivering news that matters to Kiwis each and every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Producer to deliver the AM half-hourly Newshub bulletins and produce the 1130 Newshub bulletin. This role is a rare opportunity for an experienced producer to take the helm of a show and inject fresh ideas and creativity into its format and direction.
The successful candidate will have a track record in TV news production, excellent editorial judgement, a hunger for breaking news and the energy & drive to make the show their own.
• Responsible for ensuring the quality and timely delivery of all Newshub bulletins within AM.
• Responsible for editorial decisions, lining up and putting to air the 1130 Newshub bulletin
• Coordinating and leading the team of news and sports reporters and producers who are working on the bulletins
• Maintaining highest level standard of news reporting and production
• Providing a range of news and sport stories - both local and international - to meet the audience needs throughout AM and for the 1130 bulletin
• Line management of 3 reporters/producers who will be working on these bulletins
• Commissioning stories as required from other reporters by liaising with bureau chiefs and other news managers
• Handle all BSA complaints relating to Newshub bulletin content in AM and Newshub Live at 1130.
• Writing and sub editing news and sports stories for television news bulletins as required
• Responding to breaking news quickly and accurately
• Ensure breaking news and updates are shared promptly on internal messaging systems for all access, currently via Slack for Newshub
• Contribute to our digital and social media platforms as and when required
• Stepping in to line up and produce other TV bulletins as required including but not limited to AM, Newshub Live at 11.30 Newshub Live at 4.30 & Prime News
• Maintain a safe and engaged environment which is respectful and observes professional Practices
• Escalate any issues immediately to appropriate business unit
• Effective management of leave balances
• Adhere to BSA broadcasting code
• A proven track record in the media industry
• Excellent leadership & people skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines & perform effectively under pressure
• A strong & effective communicator
• Close attention to detail
• A pedant for correct grammar, spelling & sentence structure
• Highly experienced in all TV technical aspects
• A proven track record in the successful management of staff
• Ability to assist in managing on-air talent
• Highly organised
• A decisive decision maker
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines & directions in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to multitask
• The experience and confidence required to fill in for the EP when required
• A hard working team player who understands the importance of a team and contributing constantly at a high level
• A believer of individual drive with team success and shared acknowledgement
• Extensive understanding & passion for news & current affairs issues
• A generator of original ideas with a strong editorial nouse
• Strongly committed to creating an environment where all employees are included, are treated with dignity and respect & are in a position to contribute to our future success.
• Knowledge of media law, and the Broadcasting Act
As part of the Newshub/Discovery team, you will be offered a competitive salary, 10% bonus, medical insurance, life/income insurance, three additional balance days offer per year (on top of your annual leave) AND your birthday off.
Interested in this amazing opportunity? Apply now!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpn8ex-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.