Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
The Discovery Digital Team is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to join the team and support the Digital DTC business. By managing the end-to-end delivery of multiple industry-leading consumer-facing work streams, you will work directly with the Product and Design teams to manage the ideation, development, testing and release processes.
You will be responsible for managing the process of carrying features through the full product lifecycle – ensuring proper documentation of product requirements, user stories, user testing, wireframes, flow diagrams, testing and other supporting information. You will be at the intersection between the business, product managers, and developers and will be expected to use data and analytics to continuously improve process and collaboration between those teams.
You will create efficiencies to effectively drive engagement and revenue for Discovery Digital.
1. Manage the digital product roadmap, achieving internal consensus and incorporating feedback from a range of sources to ensure the roadmap ensures the right features are delivered at the right time.
2. Lead product development teams to success, transcending reporting lines while generating a strong team culture, and an ever improving process.
3. Manage the product lifecycle including all touchpoints during ideation and definition to the development/testing and consumer releases.
4. Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics.
5. Prioritize and effectively manage development time to maximize return on investment.
6. Ensure complex business needs are perfectly documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products and solutions.
7. Analyze, define and document as-is process and strive to improve these processes to increase team efficiency
8. Strong track record of identifying and eliminating the waste caused by existing manual process and automating it
9. Provide strong team leadership – lead by example, gain context, and roll up your sleeves.
10. Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment, utilizing traditional and innovative product development processes.
11. Contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products and features.
• Bachelor's degree with a preference for candidates with a PMP, CSM, or similar Certification
• Minimum 4 years of digital project management experience.
• Experience working with the Agile project management process, Jira, and Confluence
• Bias towards action, and a demonstrated ability to break down work and identify the highest value, lowest-effort items.
• Detailed knowledge of Agile development practices and a demonstrated ability to deliver highimpact features at scale.
• Experience working in a start-up environment and across all stages of the product life-cycle.
• Experience of using analytical tools to monitor success of features and influence changes to the product.
• Understand UI/UX and usability and be able to apply it to the product.
• Experience working with a mixture of in-house and outsourced or offshore teams. Flexibility to work across time zones and cultures.
• Excellent written and oral communication - suited for both functional and technical audiences
• Experience of stakeholder management in a global matrixed environment.
• Able to apply sound judgment to make decisions in line with the overall development strategy and process.
• A passion for problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88q16-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.