Sr. Product Manager
New York, NY
Sr. Product Manager (D+ Subscription Growth)
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
The Sr. Product Manager will lead our subscription management features, focused on maximizing subscription growth. Having the ability to define and drive successful implementations of varying subscription initiatives.
The ideal candidate has strong domain expertise in subscription Direct-to-Consumer businesses and has experience in working at large scale. Experience in streaming services is desirable.
The Sr. Product Manager will be a bridge between our Product and Technology teams.
• Lead the subscription management workstream within the global product team, working across both global and territory specific use cases.
• Own the roadmap for the area: Communicate a clear set of consumer and commercial needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization.
• Develop global requirements for product capabilities that extend subscription services across devices and partners.
• Plan the Subscription management strategy in order to minimize friction and make customer journeys straightforward, while maintaining a keen focus on driving growth for various touch points including ASO, IAP, and partner/device integrations.
• Develop global requirements for product capabilities that drive
• Partner with the Design, Product & Technology organizations to develop additional capabilities across the subscription management workstream.
• Define and prioritize business requirements consisting of epic charters, user stories, and functional requirements.
• Communicate vision, strategy, objectives and KPIs for new features with ability to influence cross-functional teams.
• Pipeline reporting
• Participate with the wider global team to improve and develop new tools and processes
• Identify bugs, report them and work close to our Marketing & Technical teams on their resolution
• 5+ years of demonstrable deep Account and User Management experience
• Strong understanding of AVOD and SVOD marketplaces and competitive dynamics.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of interlocutors
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize and execute a large number of tasks, and resolve issues quickly
• Proactivity associated to a ''can do'' way of working
• Problem solving and a positive attitude in a fast pace environment
• Autonomous personality and interested in taking initiatives and lead on projects
• Strong communicator, skilled at aligning business stakeholders and managing shifting priorities
• Experience of working within both global and territory specific environments.
• Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Trello, Asana, Confluence) and bug tracking systems (ex: JIRA).
• Previous experience collaborating with complex cross-departmental teams to launch features in an Agile environment.
• Direct experience in detailed planning and prioritization of epics and road mapping feature requests.
• High comfort level in analytics and generating business insights from data trends
• Previous experience of digital product management role and functional knowledge of related technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to create Business Requirements Documents with little oversight.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States or the United Kingdom.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv74zw-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.