About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
You will design, develop, and execute the creative vision, strategy and artwork for our global DTC and network products, platforms, and partner channels. You will use your creativity to deliver key art, product brand guides, platform campaigns and integrations for our customer-facing products that engage, delight and resonate with fans of Discovery+, Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. You thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research, data and brand instinct to design experiences people connect with. You will be responsible for driving groundbreaking brand and creative campaigns, product marketing, and sales integrations across our product, platform, services, partners and channel experiences. The Sr. Designer drives and delivers a consistent visual tone and impactful creative brand through collaboration with stakeholders, networks, content and marketing teams, that resonates with our consumers.
• Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Business, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Networks and Sales.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
• Capable of leading creative brainstorms to ensure that customer centered approach and delivery.
• Proven track record with a variety of successful products delivered across multiple platforms, screens and ecosystems with experience in multiple brands, productions and operations.
• Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and a disciplined approach to quality and its effect on the intended audience.
• Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
• Uncanny drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences.
• High confidence working on complex multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems.
1. Hands-on leadership to align creative direction, concepts and deliverables across our products, platforms & services.
2. Execute successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
3. Work closely with Product, Business, Product Marketing, Content & Network brands to create and deliver industry-leading campaigns, branding and creative integrations across our global platforms.
4. Lead & Manage large-scale, high-priority creative campaigns for global product & platform experiences.
5. Manage complex products, brands and project plans with multiple workstream dependencies.
6. Demonstrate and manage the highest creative and design standards - providing clear direction to team members, stakeholders, and outside agencies/vendors.
7. Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to teams and Executives.
8. Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take actions to address design risks & determine solutions.
9. Lead team through multi-platform challenges/obstacles via positive creative solutions.
10. Inspire/mentor others on design teams and other creative teams within the organization.
11. Drive development of creative concepts for new initiatives, including key art, product art, websites, microsites, in-app screens and campaigns.
12. Maintain consistent design standards and quality across all brand representations
13. Advocate the user experience internally.
14. Act as a creative liaison between tech, editorial, UI and marketing.
• 5+ years experience in digital creative, marketing and/or product design fields.
• BA or higher degree in Visual Communications, Digital Creative or related fields.
• High level of proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Suite, Sketch, Zeplin and/or other tools.
• Knowledge with regards to interaction design, process, usability, accessibility, and information architecture.
• Understanding of product development, CSS, HTML and digital platforms including web, mobile and connected tv devices and ecosystems.
• Diverse portfolio showcasing the ability to work across entertainment and brands.
• Creative subject matter expert and solution-based thinking through design.
• The ability to quickly adapt to working with multiple publishing platforms and tools.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present information clearly.
• Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are ideal.
• Must have strong portfolio showcasing broad range Brand, Creative, and Design Process.
• Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on assessing priorities when dealing with global deadlines and multi-disciplinary teams.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22zx2-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.