London, United Kingdom
In June 2015, Discovery Inc. made a ground-breaking deal with the International Olympic Committee to secure exclusive multimedia rights for 50 European countries and territories for the 2018 – 2024 Olympic Games. This deal led to the branding of Discovery Eurosport as the Home of the Olympics in Europe. Eurosport is a part of the Discovery portfolio and is the leading sports broadcaster in Europe with an outreach of over 500 million people.
Discovery Eurosport are in search of a Sports Production Logistics Coordinator who will assist with the coordination of the channel's broadcast logistics requirements within the Sports and Olympic Operations department. The role will report to the Production Logistics Manager.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of the logistics of sports broadcast shipments within the UK and internationally
• Capture various Discovery Eurosport departmental shipping requirements, understand deadlines and work with the selected freight provider whilst ensuring safe and secure delivery of all shipments and their return
• Help with the organising, handling, storing and packing of technical and non-technical sport broadcast equipment and contribute to the loading and unloading of all air, sea and road freight
• Register, update, label and track all owned and vendor-supplied equipment using Discovery's internal asset tracking software
• Assist with the maintenance and contribute to the development of the asset tracking software to ensure the logistics operations of sporting events are up to date and all relevant information is captured on the portal and communicated to everyone involved
• Maintain the Production Logistics timeline and effectively communicate changes to all affected internal departments, suppliers and vendors
• Carry out administrative and office management duties including setting up vendors; preparing and tracking purchase orders; scanning, printing and arranging receipts; reconciling invoices; tracking monthly expense claims as and when required
• Research, identify and source domestic and international suppliers and vendors and communicate effectively both over the phone and via email with them to maintain strong business relations
• Provide a professional service to all Discovery Eurosport clients, internal departments, international and local vendors and suppliers; consistently delivering strong and clear communication and customer service skills
• Deal with ad-hoc admin queries and provide support to any relevant team projects as and when required
• Whilst this document is a comprehensive assessment of the role, the duties may from time to time be amended as dictated by business
• Must have operations and logistics experience from large events , preferably in sports
• This role might include physical labour and some travel / occasional out of of work hour requests
• Confident at troubleshooting on the spot and prioritising tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
• Demonstrate precise attention to detail whilst working to tight deadlines
• Maintain confidentiality of all internal processes, areas and security
• Possess excellent communication skills and confidence to talk to all levels of staff and clients in a polite and respectful manner
• Capable of taking instructions and requests from senior members of staff
• Possess a positive, can-do attitude and a good sense of humour
• Competent with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Smartsheet project experience would be beneficial
• Good understanding of oral and written English
• A valid driving license and confidence at driving is an asset
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8818-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.