About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
The Content Operations Specialist will be responsible for assigning program availability terms across digital platforms including, but not limited to, Direct to Consumer service discovery+, MVPD Video on Demand (VOD)/TV Everywhere (TVE), Download to Own (DLTO), Licensed Subscription VOD (SVOD) and Ad Supported VOD (AVOD). As part of an integral team in the Discovery Direct to Consumer organization, the Specialist will drive non-linear distribution across multiple networks and partnerships ensuring clear and accurate presentation of Discovery programming. The ideal candidate is consumer obsessed, eager to learn and share new ideas, exceptionally organized, technically competent, and passionate about digital distribution.
The Specialist will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team to grow Discovery's new subscription streaming service from the ground up.
• Partner with content strategy teams to understand and execute smart, complex content release plans
• Schedule Discovery programming for use across non-linear distribution channels, including DTC
• Advocate for DTC/Digital consumer needs and expectations while executing release strategies
• Serve as key programming expert for assigned Networks
• Clear program, elemental and content sensitivity rights for cross-platform distribution use
• Run cross-platform programming availability reports (Avails) for internal and external stakeholders
• Coordinate and deliver show artwork for internal and external stakeholders
• Support new product/market/language/partner launches
• Enthusiastically contribute to the achievement of Company goals at every opportunity
• 3 years of experience executing content distribution/publishing for a streaming service, network or app
• BA/BS required or equivalent combination of skills
• Outstanding skills in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets required
• Independently motivated, resilient, energized by fast paced Direct to Consumer streaming environment
• Extremely organized, with meticulous attention to detail
• Strong ability to multitask and demonstrate agility
• Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
• Collaborative work style with a proven ability to develop strong relationships
• Strong digital media industry landscape knowledge and technical savvy desired
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71eqp-3-237-48-165-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.