Discovery Inc. is looking for a dynamic Marketing Specialist to join the Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team. The Integrated Ad Sales Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of cross-platform marketing programs created for National Advertisers across the Discovery portfolio. This role will also have an opportunity to work on key initiatives across Discovery's US networks which include: HGTV, ID, DIY Network, Magnolia Network, and Travel Channel. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Integrated Ad Sales Marketing.
• Support the Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team in developing and executing marketing initiatives across HGTV, ID, DIY Network, Magnolia Network, and Travel Channel.
• Assist team with in responding to RFPs and proactively creating sponsorship packages with both linear and digital solutions by working in tandem with various network departments including Branded Entertainment, Production, Consumer Marketing, Digital, Programming, Talent, Legal, etc.
• Assist as needed on sponsorship development and strategy for Travel Channel and maintenance of sales materials.
• Assist with HGTV Home Promotions
• Manage production process to fully implement on-air or digital turnkey/custom elements such as short form, tagged tune-ins, integrations, and sponsorships. Interface with internal creative teams, commercial operations, and sales, client/agency partners to execute and schedule. Assist with client management at shoots as needed.
• Attend meetings with Sales and takes an active role in idea development, answering Sales' questions around development/activation. Attend client, agency meetings and calls. In some instances, may have to present ideas and answer client questions.
• Maintain strong working relationships with internal Discovery divisions as well as external groups (ad agencies, clients etc.) to drive incremental revenue via the successful sell-in of multi-platform partnerships.
• Manage various aspects of the Sponsorship Portal that lists sold and pending sponsors; maintain various sales materials including sponsorship documents, toolkit slides, and RFP tracking systems.
• Provide administrative support (as needed) to the team such as on special projects, budget tracking, running team calls and note taking; perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as becomes evident.
• Maintain open communication at all times
• A Bachelor's Degree in business, communications or a related field, or equivalent combination of skills, training and experience is required.
• Candidate must have 3+ years of relevant marketing experience (such as integrated ad sales marketing, advertising agency, media sales/marketing, event marketing, production, client-side marketing). Previous digital experience preferred.
• Must possess a solutions-oriented, proactive and positive attitude.
• Detail oriented and comfort working with numbers (i.e. marketing budgets)
• Comfortable sharing ideas and interacting with sales, clients/agencies
• Ability to complete projects accurately and in a timely manner; must be able to prioritize projects and workload
• Ability to work as a team player and independently
• A base knowledge of media sales.
• A clear understanding of the importance of client service and professionalism
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Must have legal right to work in the US
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City