Technical Program Manager
Discovery is the world's leading non-fiction media company with a reach of three billion viewers in 220 countries.
The Direct to Consumer (DTC) group is an Engineering company within the Discovery brand. DTC's engineering teams build applications for Web, Mobile, Connected TVs, and Consoles/STBs covering features like Search, Playback, ML-driven Recommendation, Subscriptions, Payments, etc. We are building a Global Video Streaming Platform to support a broad collection of Discovery's brands (Discovery, TLC, Motor Trend, Golf TV, Food Network, Eurosport, and many more) including the recently launched Discovery+. These applications are powered by a fleet of cloud-native microservices for Content Ingestion, Metadata processing, Video encoding & Ad Tech platform on AWS containers & serverless-compute.
• Successful track record of instrumenting tools, automation, and processes at scale for frontend and backend QA activities (Unit, Integration, User journey, Load, payment, regression testing)
• Understanding of QA automation workflows, CICD release pipelines, test environments across multiple products, and release within an agile development framework
• Experience in working with frontend (iOS, Android, Web, Roku, CTV) and backend engineering and QA teams to coordinate dependencies and release planning preferably in the OTT video market segment.
• Experience using various tools and technologies such as JIRA, Confluence, GitHub
• Experience working with DevOps teams to drive improvements in Release Tools pipeline for automated tracking and reporting on release artifacts: JIRA items, sprint scope, bug report, test report, release notes.
• Coordinate and track 3rd party releases and ensure releases do not conflict with other releases and events
• AWS, Selenium, Watir, Testrail, Apache test tools, cucumber, Docker, Grafana, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines, CircleCi, Appium, and Confluence and JIRA admin tool experience
• 6+ years of experience in building and growing a distributed team of quality assurance engineers with strong skills in test case development, test automation, test case optimization, load test execution, and test result reporting.
• Proven ability to hire top talent and develop team members into roles of greater responsibility.
• 3+ years experience in large-scale global product launches through a scalable automated release pipeline workflow leveraging CICD workflows and QA automation workflows.
• You have the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
• You have strong written communication, problem-solving, process management, cross-team collaboration, and high customer empathy
• Strive in a culture of innovation – always exploring ways to say yes and try out new ideas and living outside your comfort zone
• You are comfortable handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• You influence teams and groups outside your wider organization with your deep insight and strategic thinking.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Must be willing to travel
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxze3-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.