Software Development Engineer
Discovery Communications Deutschland ist eine 100-prozentige Tochter von Discovery, Inc. das weltweit führende Non-Fiction Medienunternehmen mit einer Reichweite von drei Milliarden Zuschauern in 220 Ländern.
Unter dem Namen Discovery Deutschland veranstaltet das Unternehmen im deutschsprachigen Europa die Free-TV-Sender DMAX, TLC, HGTV und Eurosport 1 sowie die Pay-TV-Sender DISCOVERY CHANNEL, ANIMAL PLANET und Eurosport 2 HD Xtra.
Im Digitalbereich ist Discovery mit dem Eurosport Player, sowie Joyn, einem Joint Venture mit der ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE, vertreten. Das Medienunternehmen, das 1996 gegründet wurde, hat seinen Sitz in München.
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers. Your written and oral communication skills are superb.
• You are experienced and capable of playing a leading role to design and develop complex functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers. You make good decisions when to build new and when to extend existing.
• You provide guidance on design, coding, and operational best practices, and have a track-record of applying these best practices to software that you have worked on. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exist.
• You make high impact decisions driving how and what software gets built. Your decisions are often right, and you are persuasive in delivering your suggestions and ideas to your team. You understand how individual pieces of software fit into a greater ecosystem, and can actively communicate and advocate for choices among multiple stakeholders.
• You are an effective communicator as exemplified by your technical documentation, and your interactions with stakeholders and adjacent teams. Your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on engineers around you.
• Experience using version control, package management, and build systems such as GIT, NPM, Yarn, Babel, Webpack, Grunt
• Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, design patterns, building maintainable code, performance)
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
• Experience with Java, C/C++, C#, Objective C, Python, or Go
• Experience with both relational and non-relational databases
• Experience developing and deploying hybrid web applications
Wenn Sie gerne in einem jungen, dynamischen Team arbeiten und Lust auf eine abwechslungsreiche Tätigkeit an einem attraktiven Arbeitsplatz im Herzen von München haben, bei der Sie Ihre Stärken und Ideen einbringen können, dann freuen wir uns auf Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen.
Bitte richten Sie diese ausschließlich per E-Mail (max. 5 MB) an Herr/Frau: Emailadresse
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5186-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.