Over 30 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for sports. Now, Discovery has re-energized Eurosport and is investing heavily in ways that connect fans to the sports they love.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium, and innovative content on linear and digital platforms under a variety of business models. Eurosport combines expertise, passion, and exclusive sports rights to offer high value programs and unrivalled coverage to viewers and customers in 99 countries and in 21 languages. Having established itself as the exclusive Home of the Olympic Games in Europe through 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
Core to Eurosport's strategy for engaging sports audience is creating intuitive, innovative, and delightful digital products. This role is instrumental to delivering against our digital strategy.
We're looking for a talented and experienced Android Senior Developer to join the Eurosport team and to work closely with the Android Lead developer in leading and mentoring the Android development team composed of 7 developers. The Senior Android Developer will collaborate with Eurosport Product/UX/UI/Backend-end/Android/Web teams to develop and evolve the Eurosport Android Application.
Your role will include mainly features development on the Eurosport Android application, technical/architectural decisions to make the good choices for the app evolution always in close collaboration with the Android Lead developer, and also supporting him in mentoring the Android development team.
The Senior Android Developer will work closely with the Product team, the Android Lead Developer, the Android Scrum Master, Lead QA and Delivery Manager for the evolution, maintenance, and delivery of the Eurosport Android application.
• Participate on features development for the Eurosport Android app
• Be part of the key team members working on the app architecture, performance, stability and all the main technical evolutions
• Support the Lead developer in leading and mentoring the Android development team
• Deeply involved with the Product team for all the product evolution to provide feasibility, high-level estimate, technical inputs
• 5+ years' experience as an Android Developer (Focus on Kotlin, but experienced with Java)
• Mastering Clean architecture using MVVM pattern.
• Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
• Writing testable code, unit tests and following test driven development
• Mastering RxJava
• Mastering Dagger2 (dependency injection).
• Experience with Android Jetpack and ExoPlayer would be appreciated
• Good skills on UI, working with custom components and complex views.
• Great experience in building apps consuming REST or GraphQL api
• Experience with automated deployments (CI/CD), Firebase and PlayStore distribution process
• Good knowledge of design patterns
• Highly skilled in the use of git source code control.
• Strong working knowledge of beta testing services.
• Experience working as part of an enterprise IT team, interfacing with developers, designers, web engineers, and external agencies or partners.
• Experience in an Agile & Scrum methodologies
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Excellent systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
• A lot of our development team are based in France, French language speaking is a huge bonus but not essential.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbokny-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.