Social Media Coordinator
New York, NY
Discovery, Inc. is looking for a digital superstar to join the direct-to-consumer social media team, supporting brands such as Food Network, TLC, Discovery and more.
This role will implement social media strategy and monitor day-to-day operations and community management for our active social platforms. The ideal candidate is a creative, detail-oriented individual with a passion for social media and streaming content.
- Create, manage and execute on day-to-day social media strategy, content and campaigns across social platforms under the guidance of Social Media Manager
- Schedule all social media posts across platforms, as well as posting natively as needed
- Plan monthly editorial calendar for social media posts across platforms
- Maintain a unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Create unique, engaging content for platforms like TikTok and Instagram Stories, plus any new platforms that launch. Identify best practices and ideate on ways to bring our brand voice to life on those channels.
- Own community management across all social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and TikTok), responding to comments and actively engaging with followers and influencer posts.
-Identify, track and engage in real-time with talent, key influencers and celebrities that are talking about the brand across social media channels.
-Monitor, respond to and moderate social media conversations on managed platforms
-Optimize social content for performance on all platforms, including updating metadata, applying annotations, and creating/selecting compelling thumbnails for content
-Commit portion of weekend or nights (~2 hours/week) to posting on social platforms (as needed) or other social stunts
- Analyze social media performance, building and updating weekly/monthly reports to share with the broader team.
-Share community feedback, identify potential issues, manage day-to-day responses across social platforms
- Active and engaged participant in social media (provide links)
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
- Superb verbal, written and presentation skills to communicate effectively, and on-brand, with consumers, in-house stakeholders and outside vendors
- Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends and innovations
- Solid understanding of digital content, communication and marketing principles
- Photo/Video editing experience/basic design capabilities for social media a plus
- Familiarity with web and social media analytics (Omniture, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc.)
- Highly creative, strategic thinker with ability to develop fresh, executable ideas that support internal initiatives
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
-Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and work effectively with multiple teams
- Complete familiarity with MS Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree
- Social media or community management experience
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.