What You'll Do
As an engineer in the Developer Automation group within DTC, you'll be joining a group that is responsible for building a truly global, self-service platform to enable DTC's growing number of engineering teams to build, test, deploy, and manage the complete operational life cycle of their services in a fully autonomous fashion.
Specifically, the Edge Services team is responsible for implementing and scaling the link between the public internet and our internal Kubernetes clusters, as well as maintaining the service mesh running in them. Your role will focus on the development of the different components living in the edge of the platform, both at the public ingress as well as the mesh level. You'll solve problems related to complex API gateway concerns, cross-cluster service meshes, authentication/authorization, and the management of large-scale Istio deployments across many AWS accounts. You'll architect platform APIs for other teams to build on top of, you'll design processes/workflows, and you'll help to do it all in a collaborative, team environment using modern, rigorous software development practices that emphasize testability, repeatability, and self-service automation.
Who You Are
You thrive in an environment where your engineering team members live for delivering great software. You have experience running production infrastructure that supports multiple systems in a scalable, stable, and performant manner. You measure everything, make decisions based on data, are consumer-obsessed, and take immense pride in your work.
Your Technical Knowledge
The ideal candidate for this role will have a wide breadth of experience across the entire software stack, as well as deep expertise in the following groups:
• Containerization & Container Orchestration at Scale (Kubernetes)
• Edge Architecture, ideally in AWS (CloudFront, Application Load Balancer, API Gateway, Route53)
• Container Networking & Distributed Service Meshes (Istio), as well as managing API gateways at scale (eg, AWS API Gateway), would be highly regarded
• Distributed Systems Development (e.g. asynchronous communication patterns, consensus algorithms, distributed transactions)
• Services Programming (e.g. Golang, Java, Python)
In addition, your technical expertise should match well to the following:
• Deep understanding of distributed systems in Kubernetes
• Experience with the development and operation of high throughput, low-latency systems
• Hands-on experience with automating development workflow pipelines (CI/CD)
• Operational experience (i.e. on-call rotation, incident response)
• Ability to collaborate effectively with remote peers across disparate geographies and timezones
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with particular emphasis on technical documentation (including diagramming)
• Strong CS fundamentals
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb75y6-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.