Digital Account Specialist
New York, NY
The Senior Manager of Operations and Planning at Discovery must have extensive knowledge of the cross platform media landscape and the ability to be agile, evolve and provide support and insight to the digital ad sales organization, inclusive of AEs and sales leadership. This position needs to remain on the cutting edge of understanding and implementing emerging media channels, specifically all Video platforms: Linear, OTT, Streaming - forward thinking, strategic and efficient are key.
The Sr. Manager will report into the Digital Director, Rev Ops and Planning and assist in leading/managing the sales support team, managing sales effectiveness strategy and supporting the growing digital business.
• Leads manager, account specialists, planners, and, sales coordinator sales assistants dedicated to meeting the operational needs of assigned client segment
• Communicates successes and challenges to Digital Director Rev Ops and Planning in regards to Sales Support staff
• Plan training programs based on business goals
• Manages campaign management lead to deliver all booked revenue in period
• Ensures strategic consistency across all elements of plan development and implementation
• Mentor and supporting the growth and productivity across this team
• Build tools and improve systems to support new capabilities demonstrating the optimization of media
• Partner with internal teams to ensure all processes are streamlined and implemented
• Serve as subject matter expert and provide business best practices and POV to management
• Develop and implement sales processes/strategies to sales support/sellers
• Lead sales effectiveness projects and reporting with sales leadership, primarily focused in CRM platform Salesforce and Tableau
• Oversee planning of larger revenue deals client to align with client's business objectives and advertising strategy
• Coaching team on how to recommend the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations
• Evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns to inform future campaigns
• Reviews pricing strategy, demand, supply and outcomes with Pricing/Sales leadership along with close rates
• Oversee day-to-day operations of ad sales support business (linear, digital video, DTC, Site, social, display and programmatic)
• 3-5 years experience managing a team
• Must have experience in digital systems, specifically Operative, Salesforce and Tableau
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxe03-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.