Senior Production Coordinator Golf / Emerging Sports
London, United Kingdom
We are looking for a senior football reporter to help lead the reinvention of Eurosport's digital football coverage.
Reporting into the head of digital for Eurosport UK, this role will be responsible for breaking news stories, conducting high-profile interviews, providing incisive analysis and punchy comment on the stories that matter and attending the biggest occasions in football to generate market-leading written content. In addition, this role will contribute to video and audio formats and help drive new content initiatives across all platforms.
The successful candidate will possess an enviable contacts book, be motivated by setting the news agenda and know how to own a story from start to finish. They will be ready to leverage their social media following by sharing content and engaging with audiences.
This is a fantastic opportunity to spearhead a new editorial focus on football, with the freedom to pursue the stories and cover the matches you want to, as agreed with the head of digital.
This position will consist mostly of remote working, with hours structured around the football fixture list.
• Generating original news lines using journalistic rigour and a network of sources
• Arranging and conducting interviews with high-profile figures across the game
• Attending the biggest Premier League, Champions League and international matches to produce feature content
• Supplying first-rate comment, opinion and analysis on the big stories of the day, creating impactful content which will drive debate
• Contributing to video and audio formats for use across Eurosport's digital platforms
• Creating short-form content on your own and Eurosport's social platforms
• Work with our network of European offices to gain early insight into stories of interest across the continent
• A proven track record of breaking stories and setting the news agenda
• A versatile and formidable writer, capable of firing out a searing 600-word opinion or a meticulously constructed analysis piece
• Strong contacts across the game, in England and ideally abroad too
• Engaged on social media and up to speed on digital trends
• Three+ years of working as a football reporter at the national level, with an established social following
• Language skills are desirable but not essential
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.