London, United Kingdom
Part of the ACS Team (Automation and Content Solutions), providing engineering and level 3 support on the MAM, Post-Production platform in a virtualized hybrid
on-premised and cloud environment.
1. Respond to calls from the operations group to resolve technical issues as they arise in the master control, encode, duplication, and related areas.
2. Ability to understand origination signal flow and quickly resolve on-air issues.
3. Prioritize tasks and issues that arise while on duty.
4. Execution and design of projects under guidance of engineering supervisors and managers.
5. Via physical checks and monitoring applications, complete shift check routines that ensure healthy status of origination facility equipment.
6. Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment as assigned.
7. Compilation of standard operating procedures and documentation in support of equipment.
8. Engage and assist in all learning opportunities. Continued development and constant collaboration is key to our team?s success.
• Degree in Technology, or similar
• English and French writing and speaking
• Communication skills
• Capacity to work in a constantly change environment
• Strong team member with self-motivation and consistent customer service
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Sumstantial experience in Broadcast Technology in a support or engineering role
• Experience in Sport, News, Production and Documentary environment
• Experience in MAM, Post-Production environment
• Extensive Broadcast technical background (IP video 2110, AES 67, NMOS, video and audio formats and codec…)
• Good understanding of IT technologies and the associated challenge (network, virtualization, storage, cloud services, security…)
• Following technology intelligence to permanently keep the system efficient for business growth
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx9z2-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.