Investigation Discovery is seeking a Coordinator to join our Programming & Scheduling team in Silver Spring, MD. We are a department responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the network's prime time and total day schedule, as well as True Crime streaming content and strategy. This is a great opportunity for someone with a high attention to detail and who is also familiar with (and loves) TV programming and content.
In this role, you will be responsible for updating program information and schedule entry into Discovery systems. We are seeking a strong communicator (both written & verbal) – as you will act as liaison for the Scheduling team and internal departments, answering programming and scheduling questions as needed. The right candidate will have familiarity with television production terms and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create, update and maintain scheduling and program information/inventory (data entry) in Excel (grids) and Discovery systems.
• Distribute scheduling documents to the entire ID network team on a weekly basis and as last-minute changes occur.
• Ensure programming meta-data is complete and accurate as it pertains to program listings.
• Create, update and maintain strategic schedule planning tools; this includes tracking episode telecasts, ratings history, related digital assets and trends in the inventory. This also includes analyzing program research using Nielsen ratings.
• Track and maintain the titling process for all show titles.
• Become the dedicated point of contact for high volume of requests for information (inventory searches, schedule questions, etc.).
• Work closely with production, network operations and media logistics teams to ensure accurate and correct information within scheduling systems.
• Perform some limited department related administrative tasks (meeting planning, printing, etc.) as assigned.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum 1-2 years work experience, preferably in the television field
• Must love TV
• Accomplished computer skills, especially with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people both inside and outside the immediate department. Attention to customer service is key.
• Ability to manage a large and ever-changing workload with grace and efficiency is a must, as well as a continuing sense of urgency.
• Ability to independently prioritize tasks and to work independently as well as with supervised direction
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj9ex-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.