New York, NY
discovery+ is seeking a Coordinator to join our Programming & Scheduling team. We are the department responsible for the strategic deployment of content on discovery+. This is a great opportunity for someone with extreme attention to detail and who is also familiar with (and loves) TV programming and content. The right person for this role is one who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the highest priority new business initiative at Discovery. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for updating program information and schedule entry into Discovery systems. We are seeking a strong communicator (both written & verbal), as you will act as liaison for the DTC Scheduling team and network Scheduling teams as well as other internal departments, answering scheduling questions as needed. This role will report into the VP of DTC Programming Operations while the Programming & Scheduling team is built out.
1. Develop an integrated view of the discovery+ programming schedule, including launch date, release strategy, and promotional priority, by working with a wide group of stakeholders, including the DTC content team as well as the linear scheduling, production management, and production teams
2. Ensure that scheduling information is updated and maintained across the various internal systems (homegrown, third-party, and Excel-based) that capture it; create or correct metadata related to content as needed
3. Ensure accuracy and accessibility to the various internal operational teams (network operations, content operations, media logistics, linear scheduling, etc) that rely on it
4. Distribute scheduling documents to the entire Discovery team on a weekly basis and as last-minute changes occur. This will include communication with network scheduling teams, marketing and PR teams (network and DTC), social teams, in-app merchandising, and international teams
5. Become the dedicated point of contact for a high volume of requests for information (inventory searches, schedule questions, etc.)
6. Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ work experience, preferably in the television field
• Experience with either linear or streaming scheduling is a plus
• Extraordinary attention to detail at high volume
• Must love TV, preferably has deep familiarity with Discovery’s genres and titles
• Accomplished computer skills, especially with the Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, and Docs) as well as Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and Smartsheets
• A desire to find the most efficient ways of doing things - whether that means making creative use of Excel formulas, helping implement a rigid team foldering structure, or otherwise
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people both inside and outside the immediate department. Attention to customer service is key
• Comfort working in a highly matrixed organization where collaboration is required to drive projects forward, frequent and clear communication is muscle memory
• Ability to manage a large and ever-changing workload with grace and efficiency is a must, as well as a continuing sense of urgency
• Ability to independently prioritize tasks and to work independently as well as with supervised direction
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.