New York, NY
The Sales Planner assists the Account Executive in growing business by developing media proposals, maintaining delivery for all accounts and assisting in client negations.
• Build, revise and maintain all linear sales proposals for agency list assignments
• Receive registered budgets from agency buyers. Compile advertiser history and pricing direction from Account Executive and the Pricing and Planning team as needed.
• Help assist AE's in budget negotiations when needed
• Collaborate with revenue team on a weekly basis to discuss planning updates/new business.
• Work with agency contacts and Discovery Inc. divisions to ensure that stewardship of accounts are in order and on track to deliver in full, i.e. monitor performance of clients' schedules and prepare make good and ADU schedules.
• Prepare and deliver competitive network analysis, presentation assignments, and/or business updates for regularly scheduled sales meeting.
• Compile account detail through options reporting, Posts/MSA's, liability, sales planning cover sheets, etc.
• Prepare presentations for agencies/clients as needed and foster effective relationships with all established external contacts
• Support AE in prospecting to expand Discovery Inc. advertiser base
• Support Assistants who handle client scheduling, billing, brand allocations, reconciling discrepancies, maintaining client files
• Mentor new Sales Planners and Assistants. Act as a resource throughout their training and development
• 2+ years related advertising experience
• Strong computer experience (Microsoft Office: Excel, Powerpoint)
• Knowledge of the terminology and procedures in advertising sales
• Experience with research techniques and sources (Nielsen, MRI)
• Ability to multitask, while staying organized and detail-oriented
• Strong influencing skills
• Must be able and willing to provide overtime work when necessary
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong customer service skills
• BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent education and experience
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.