Digital Account Specialist
New York, NY
The Discovery Engage team is committed to the development, creation and sales of advanced advertising products across Discovery's owned and operated content assets. The units primary purpose is to drive increased revenue to Discovery's bottom line through the monetization of enhanced ad products currently sought after by advertisers across all screens.
The Engage Sales Planner develops optimized media proposals and is the key point person for all account maintenance across the entire Discovery portfolio of networks. Additional tasks may include training line sales, presentation support, and developing reporting methodologies.
• Build, revise and maintain all sales proposals for Engage deals
• Receive registered budgets from agency buyers. Compile advertiser history and pricing direction for Engage team as necessary
• Communicate deal planning status to P&I team on a weekly basis for financial reporting purposes
• Work with lines sales and other Discovery divisions to ensure that stewardship of accounts are in order, i.e. monitor performance of clients' schedules and prepare make good and ADU schedules
• Compile account detail through options reporting, holes analysis, liability, sales planning cover sheets, etc.
• Establish reporting methods summarizing business across the entire Discovery portfolio of networks
• Manage marketplace operations with partners such as Clypd while liaising with internal stakeholders across Sales, Pricing & Inventory, and GTO
• Support Engage team in prospecting to expand advertiser base with relevant industry updates
• Support Planners and Assistants who handle client scheduling, billing, brand allocations, reconciling discrepancies, maintaining client files
• Demonstrate high-level collaboration skills which appropriately define alternative solutions, resolve conflicts, and create lasting partnerships with stakeholders
• Mentor new Sales Planners and Assistants. Act as a resource throughout their training and understanding of data-driven advertising campaigns
• Prepare presentations for agencies/clients as needed and foster effective relationships with all established internal/external contacts
• 3-5 years related advertising experience
• Strong computer experience (word processing, graphics, excel, etc.)
• Knowledge of the terminology and procedures in advertising sales
• Ability to multitask, while staying organized and detail-oriented
• Strong influencing skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong customer service skills
• BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent education and experience
• Must have legal right to work in US
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nn57-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.