- Full Time
Newshub is a multi-platform, highly collaborative newsroom and our team is committed to creating and delivering great content and great journalism to our audiences. We believe in being the best in delivering news that matters to Kiwis each and every day.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Newshub political unit, ensuring comprehensive coverage of political events across all our platforms and programmes.
• Provision of high quality editorial content, including original and exclusive stories
• Develop and maintain strong political contacts
• Filing for digital and television
• Providing political analysis across all Newshub programmes and platforms
• Perform in a live capacity on all Newshub's platforms including TV, digital and social media
• Mentoring and developing other Newshub Press Gallery staff
• The Employee shall ensure they are familiar with the Employer's health and safety policies and procedures, and any modifications to those policies and procedures that may be introduced from time to time.
• Carry out your work safely and without endangering or causing harm to yourself, fellow staff members, contractors, customers, visitors, or the general public.
• Other duties as required.
• The Company may, after fair and reasonable consultation, change your duties, from time to time, for commercial reasons but not so as to substantially change the nature of the position.
• Day to day management of Newshub's bureau
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Flexibility to work varied shifts and hours if required.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and perform effectively under pressure.
• Close attention to detail.
• Effective communicator both internally and externally.
• A generator of original ideas.
• Digital and Social Media savvy
• Continually seeks opportunities to improve content and production.
• Maintains excellent collaborative and professional relationships with the programme team, wider newsroom and broader business
• A good understanding of the processes and principles of digital and TV journalism.
• A track record of collaboration with colleagues at all levels.
• A clear view of the needs of Newshub audiences and the nature of the commercial market in which it operates.
• A full knowledge of the law and editorial policy issues relating to news broadcasting & publication
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p1oz-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.