Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
The world is changing all around us. To continue to grow as a business over the next years we must look ahead, understand the changing trends and be prepared for that what's to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. Join us to be part of the adventure. Discovery inspires people to be the best they can.
Currently in Poland we are looking for passionate people with various backgrounds to join our team in the fields of FP&A Centre of Excellence, Global Business Services, HR Services and Media Business.
Join us to be part of the adventure. Discovery inspires people to be the best they can. Discovery has undertaken a major initiative to transform our People & Culture (HR) function through the end to end design and implementation of a future state solution including the development of new shared Global Services, and implementation of technologies including SAP SuccessFactors and ServiceNow that will deliver a digitally enabled People & Culture function and workplace.
As the Policy and Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring People & Culture policies and processes are compliant from a legal / regulatory perspective. You will partner with policy & content owners across Discovery, to ensure that the policy/content information that is uploaded onto the People Portal is accurate, up to date and in line with our internal controls and regulatory requirements. We are looking for a detail orientated professional, who is comfortable working in a complex, fast-paced and international environment.
• Identify and document system controls or process steps within People & Culture business processes to ensure the risks and controls can be audited with reasonable assurance
• Prepare data security and compliance requirements within People & Culture systems in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in line with broader Global Technology & Operations controls
• Support global policy owners to identify requirements; including either creation of new policies/documentsor updates to existing policies
• Build and maintain the required library of policy and compliance related knowledge articles for end-users (Employees, Managers and People & Culture)
• Ensure that published content is in line with People and Culture knowledge strategy and meets relevant quality editorial standards
• Support preparation of key messages and outcomes relating to compliance to senior stakeholders and broader audiences
• Build and maintain relationships with Content Owners across People and Culture to assure successful communication regarding required content updates
• 5+ of professional experience in People & Culture (HR)
• University degree in corresponding field
• Previous experience working in audit, compliance requirements or controls areasis preferable
• Good understanding of a broad range of People & Culture (HR) policies and processes
• Experience working with ServiceNow, SuccessFactors and other enabling technologies is preferable
• Excellent attention to detail to support review of content and assurance of documentation
• Highly motivated self-starter, self-sufficient, proactive and fast-paced with high level of energy and flexible working style
• Able to communicate professionally, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, to target audiences
• Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines on multiple projects or tasks concurrently
• Proactive approach in continuous improvement, challenging norms and driving efficiency
• Comfortable working with a global consumer base and different cultures
• Experience in working on a complex change or transformation project and project lifecycles is desirable
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken
• IT literacy (MS Office, especially PowerPoint & Excel)
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.