New York, NY
As Podcast Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in Discovery's newly established podcast department, reporting to the Director of Podcasts. The podcast department supports podcasts produced by a wide variety of Discovery brands, including as ID, Food Network, HGTV, and TLC, as well as podcasts adjacent to discovery+, our flagship streaming service. The right person for this role is passionate about podcasts, highly organized, and hungry to learn.
This position can sit in any of our US offices.
1. Support the day-to-day operations of the central podcast team, contributing as needed to all podcasting functions including strategy, distribution, marketing, and monetization
2. Develop an integrated view of the podcast programming schedule and collaborate with a wide group of stakeholders across the DTC and network teams to support their portfolio of shows
3. Maintain each show's RSS feed to ensure all content (both editorial and ads) are uploaded to the hosting platform on-time and error-free
4. Coordinate podcast marketing initiatives such as cross-promos, feed drops, and ad buys by working with key internal and external stakeholders
5. Conduct market and competitive research to deepen industry knowledge and alert stakeholders of notable trends
6. Organize and maintain our podcast production knowledge center, ensuring all data is current and accurate, and share updates with internal partners
7. Participate in projects and initiatives to improves podcast processes and drive efficiency
8. Perform other related duties as assigned, which may become essential to the position
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and hands-on experience
• Minimum 2 years' work experience, at an agency, production company, or streaming/ technology company preferred
• Understanding of and passion for podcasts from a technical, analytical, and strategic point of view, as well as subjective point of view
• Extraordinary attention to detail and ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently
• Proven ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in an evolving and fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; must be articulate and professional in both written and verbal forms
• Accomplished computer skills, especially with the Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, and Docs) as well as Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Comfortable in ambiguity and effective operating in a matrixed organization
• Collaborative, curious, resourceful
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.