Creative & Digital Assistant
London, United Kingdom
Position Title: PA
Reports to: 2 VP's
This position will be supporting the VP's with diary management as well as with administration duties across the department. This role will manage the onboarding process of new joiners. This role will be responsible for the upkeep of holiday/sick records for both permanent and CW staff. Ensuring the up to date tracking of organisation charts, CW start/end date and CW DB request forms. As with any PA & Team Coordinator position, the roles supported by the PA may change from time to time.
• Assisting with diary management, arranging meetings/presentations/room bookings/video conferences
• Managing the onboarding of new starters
• Booking international travel for business trips (post restrictions)
• Itineraries for overseas trips and visitors
• Basic budget estimates (travel/hospitality)
• Processing department expenses
• Assisting with IT requests for new starters
• Assisting with Desks/Furniture requests for new starters
• Raising CW's on the CW database system
• Tracking Start date and End dates for all CWs
• Maintaining and extending existing CW's on the system
• Completing provisioning requests for new and existing CW's and Perm staffs
• Taking meeting minutes when requested
• Assisting with Project documentation as requested
• Assisting with tracking training costs
• Raising POs and checking invoices
• Other duties as required
• I.T. skills: intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills essential.
• Excellent organisational/administrative skills.
• Diligent, accurate, methodical with a good eye for detail.
• Independent self starter who can work unsupervised, proactive.
• Remains calm under pressure.
• Flexibility in accepting new and changing responsibilities, as well as strong personal initiative and resourcefulness.
• Take ownership of, and accountability for, responsibilities.
• Excellent people and interpersonal skills, good team player.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to different demands.
• High levels of initiative, motivation and time management.
• Experience in dealing with senior executive personnel.
• Discretion, professional and personable attitude at all levels.
• To be adaptable, committed and commercially aware.
• Able to cope with a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
• Experience and enthusiasm for the TV Industry or a related industry an advantage.
• Ability to gain consensus, communicate policy, build relationships and create systems for managing data needed to perform above responsibilities in a timely, effective and cost-efficient manner.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.