We are looking for a news editor to join Eurosport UK's digital team.
Reporting into the head of digital for Eurosport UK, this role will help drive Eurosport's editorial coverage of a range of sports across its digital platforms. The news editor will create content and manage the site on some evenings as part of the rotation within the team. This is intended as a written content role although some basic video editing will be required on occasions.
The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of football and be able to demonstrate a track record in creating impactful content during their journalistic career. Knowledge of tennis, cycling, Olympic sports and snooker is also desirable in line with some of Eurosport's key rights and editorial offerings.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about sport, confident managing freelancers, knows how to spot, cover and develop a story, and has strong awareness of digital trends and the sporting landscape. This opportunity is also a fantastic chance to join the Eurosport team and be a key player in our coverage of the Tokyo Olympics, as official broadcasters.
Under normal circumstances this position would be part of the Eurosport UK digital team at our company headquarters in Chiswick, West London. But it can be performed remotely. Evening and weekend work is to be expected as part of a team which covers sport seven days a week, across 16 hours each day.
• Writing breaking news stories across a range of sports with a primary focus on football
• Monitoring trending topics and creating short, impactful content which draws audience
• Adhering to SEO best practices and monitoring SEO tools to provoke content ideas
• Monitoring real-time traffic to aid editorial decision-making around content creation and site structure
• Enhancing our football content by creating impactful features, analysis and opinion pieces around big stories and talking points
• Some video editing – and publishing clips and highlights packages from across our rights portfolio
• During key rights events such as the Tour de France, French Open, helping lead our editorial coverage on selected evenings and weekends
• Working with freelance news editors and live reporters to deliver range of content
• Three+ years experience working in digital media
• Strong journalistic background
• Language skills desirable, but not essential
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooq4p-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.