Reporting to a Network Duty Operations Manager, this position is critical in monitoring and supporting Discovery's Global network infrastructure. The position is part of a unified technical operations team that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations, Network Operations, Server/Storage Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations and Security Operations) to form a team capable of providing monitoring and support to all Discovery technical infrastructure.
Working as part of a team of Tier 2 network operations engineers in our Krakow operations center, the role is responsible for supporting Discovery's network infrastructure across 50 offices and productions centers globally.
• Monitoring all our production network infrastructure in real time
• Outage vetting – initiating of critical outage situations
• Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to production network infrastructure
• Keep network infrastructure device monitoring and asset tracking systems up to date
• Coordinate escalation process to third-party network vendors in case of hardware or software failure
• Be available for on-call/after hours to support critical outage situations as well as planned out of business hours system maintenance.
• Uphold professional ticket management by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs updated and properly resolved at time of completion
• Maintain Network Operations Knowledge Base(s)
• 2+ years providing administrative and troubleshooting support in the areas of network routing and switching infrastructure (Juniper and/or Cisco)Able to communicate technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with Palo Alto Firewall Platform
• Experience using ServiceNow or another similar Service Management tool
• Experience using Solarwinds monitoring platform
• Experience with Wide Area Network and IP connectivity technologies (MPLS, Point to Point, Internet)
• Experience with DNS, DHCP, IPAM Toolsets (Infoblox)
• Experience with ITIL principals
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmb69-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.