Full Time Job
Media Operations Coordinator
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
• Report project details and progress to the appropriate manager on a regular basis.
• Track project schedules and make sure that projects are being completed on time; in the event of unexpected delays, adjust schedules as necessary.
• Set specific goals for projects, including distribution to clients, and ensure that these goals are being met.
• Constantly evaluate and strengthen content localization QC standards to ensure a high-quality content experience is provided
• Work closely with vendors facing teams to ensure vendors are aware about new features and utilizing them to improve their businesses
• Content project management to help keep content development flowing efficiently.
• Digital Ad Campaign Management for Corporate Campaigns
• Tracking content, whilst receiving and distributing any relevant material
• Coordinating the trafficking of materials to and from translation
• Obtaining sign-off from programming contacts
• Working extensively with external vendors/suppliers regarding workflows
• Coordinate digital video files from location to location (using asset tracking systems)
• Maintaining relevant systems keeping computerized records accurate and up to date
• Creation and finalization of the daily transmission schedule, ensuring accuracy and efficiency whilst remaining reactive to the business.
• Liaising with the Media Planner to ensure smooth hand over of prepped schedules ready for promo placement.
• Identify issues and work with relevant departments to find solutions ensuring all elements air successfully and fulfill TECOM requirements.
• To fully understand break patterns and templates and ensure they are checked and loaded into the system and that all final commercial loads or amendments are actioned
• Organization and regular revision of presentation templates.
* Must possess excellent organization skills, good verbal and written communication skills and proficient in computer usage.
* Must have a thorough understanding of professional/broadcast HD and SD signal standards
* Must have a thorough understanding of video resolution, and audio formatting
* Must have basic understanding of Media files including: file formats, codecs, file size and storage
* Must have demonstrated experience dealing with immediate deadlines that require problem solving and ?on the fly? critical analysis
* Must be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a team environment
* Able to work independently and within a team
* Must maintain professional attitude, demeanor and relationship with DCI management, co-workers and staff at all times.
* This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
* Must have the legal right to work
* Bachelor's degree in Communication Arts or Radio/TV/Film preferred
* 2 to 3 years experience with various encoding processes, editing and signal routing in a broadcast/post production environment is highly desirable.
* Experience with Avid, Final Cut and Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience with media file transfer and sharing workflows
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2276y-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.