General Summary -
This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
To support the Marketing Creative and Digital Team which consists of VP Marketing, Creative & Digital plus three direct reports who head up each function - Senior Director Marketing & Comms, Director of Creative Services and Senior Manager Social and Digital - with the administration duties associated with maintaining a large, busy and very dynamic team. The overall MCD team consists of 40+ members of staff, plus freelance support. Note the VP Marketing, Creative Digital is supported by an existing PA for diary and expenses, so this role would need to work closely together with the existing PA to ensure seamlessness across all other duties and ensure cohesion for the entire team.
The main focus of the department is discovery+, Discovery's real-life entertainment streaming service, however we also support the UK's entire marketing ecosystem including driving tune-in and impacts to our pay and free-to-air linear channels, managing and growing our multi-platform social and digital presence including successful YouTube channels, all B2B communications with partners and affiliates and all consumer communications including PR.
The Team Co-Ordinator is an exciting new role to reflect the growth of the department since a recent restructure and will be responsible for the following –
Key Responsibilities -
Liaise with internal teams and become an administrative point of contact:
• Assist with diary management and arrange meetings/presentations/room bookings/video conferencing for the 3 heads of department.
• Prepare and circulate meeting agendas, minutes, materials and media as required.
• Attend meetings on Zoom or in-person as needed to take minutes.
• Liaise with central IT/audio-visual teams to ensure technology works for big presentations.
• Follow up on meetings as needed by sending round assets etc.
• Maintain records for holidays, absences etc.
• Maintain the MCD GDrive to ensure it remains a useful and up to date resource.
• Keep departmental Org Charts up to date.
• Maintain departmental WhatApp and Slack channels.
• Maintain departmental email addresses etc.
• Process department expenses for the 3 heads of department plus any prizes bought for competitions etc.
• Organise team training courses as directed.
• Organise team workshops and all-hands meetings as needed.
• Organise in-person team events as needed.
• Raise purchase orders as needed, chase up internal approvals and liaise with suppliers to give PO numbers to ensure timely delivery of services.
• Set up new vendors and ensure invoice details are correct and paid.
• Liaise with other team members and the Finance department as necessary regarding POs.
• Pull together department information as needed eg return to the office information etc.
Team Processes –
Assist with team processes including -
• Assist with IT requests for new starters
• Assist with induction of new starters
• Assist with Desks/Furniture requests
• Help to welcome new starters and get them set up.
Special Projects –
Support ad-hoc special projects as needed:
• Assist the VP Marketing, Creative and Digital on occasion as needed.
• Help pull together presentations on Google Slides as directed.
• Attend to all other tasks as needed and as directed.
• Research and organise consumer and trade prizes or premiums as needed.
• Help other members of the team as directed and as needed.
Skills and experience:
• Proficient in Google Suite - Gmail, Google Slides, Google Docs, Google Sheets.
• Experience in dealing with a large and dynamic team.
• Experience in working for multiple managers at the same time.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time and prioritise.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• A passion for working in a media organisation.
• Willingness to go the extra mile.
• Willingness to help and be proactive.
• Great inter-personal skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability in an environment which changes frequently.
• Warm, friendly and approachable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6po78-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.