Knowledge Management & Servicenow Coordinator
Fan Relations is a support function that exists to contribute to the stellar consumer experience whether the fans are engaging with our content on digital apps, websites, pay-TV, or other means. From new app launches to corporate and legal escalations, advertising inquiries, and our many other linear and digital offerings, Fan Relations constantly provides top-level customer service to consumers, internal clients, and business partners.
Discovery brands continue to grow globally and across platforms, and Fan Relations is building media strategies and systems that meet world-class standards for which Discovery is known. Our company is evolving as we expand from a traditional linear pay-TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile.
The Manager of Training and Development will be responsible for all aspects of the Fan Relations training program, from designing and developing new hire and recurring training to the implementation and facilitation. The Manager will be expected to provide new hire and incumbent development by utilizing adult learning methodologies and practices, facilitation of lectures, webinars, hands-on and web-based training, and supervised on-the-job training. As the Manager of Training and Development, you will also be responsible for partnering with Operations leadership to identify any needs for recurrent training and supporting training and curriculum development for new product launches and initiatives.
• Work closely with Sr. Manager, Operations and Planning, to provide standardized and current training curriculum to new hires and incumbents.
• Establish clear objectives for all aspects of the training section, including lectures, activities, and on the job training
• Utilize a professional and engaging approach in the presentation of training programs, ensuring interactive methods are employed.
• Incorporate training methods that support all learning styles in the delivery of training programs and adapt the training method to meet the needs of the individual
• Responsible for all training class preparation, facilitation and completion, including materials and classroom set-up/preparation, requesting log-ins and access, and administrative functions pre-, during- and post-class.
• Maintain accuracy of training class information and provide weekly updates on New Hire class progress and performance to operational leadership and key stakeholders
• Partner with copywriter team and Subject Matter Experts to develop and update and create new training materials to achieve performance improvement and customer satisfaction.
• Conduct training initiatives/classes in a manner consistent with supporting the business in meeting its goals and objectives, i.e., ensure trainees are prepared with skills needed to meet all KPIs.
• Evaluate and provide feedback to all class participants during training and progression into their job roles.
• Partner with Operations Management to ensure the Fan Relations team achieves all Key Performance Indicators.
• Participate in training focus group meetings and training project teams for identifying areas of opportunity and trends to enhance training curriculum.
• Responsible for the administration of payroll review and validation for trainees.
• Coordinate with departments to arrange identified resources in support of the training curriculum.
• Handle employee relations issues in partnership with Operations Leadership and in accordance with Human Resources guidance and direction.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule in support of operational needs.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and hands-on experience
• 3-5 years of experience in training facilitation and management (Contact Center/Customer Service preferred)
• 2-3 years of experience in curriculum design and development (Contact Center/Customer Service preferred)
• Proven success facilitating virtual/remote training
• Effective presentation skills in various formal presentation settings; virtual, one-on-one, small and large group facilitation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional techniques
• Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum design software and practices, including Instructor-Led Training and Computer Based Training
• Ability to create, design, and develop functional curriculum while adhering to curriculum design evaluations and strategies, i.e., ADDIE model
• Ability to be creative and thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yjj1-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.