Associate Digital Strategy
New York, NY
Our Team: The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal global media team that handles the strategy, buying, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform consumption of Discovery Inc’s networks and subscriber growth for our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) products.
The Role: This role is specifically within the performance media team leading paid acquisition efforts of Discovery Inc’s rapidly growing Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) businesses. We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build and support products with the global leader in real life entertainment. We are looking for a data-driven Manager to help grow and engage our subscriber base through a variety of direct-response platforms and channels. You’ll be charged with developing a clear, coherent strategy to find qualified, efficient users at scale in conjunction with the internal Investment/Buying portion of the Media Strategy & Analytics team and with key stakeholders of DTC products. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
• Drive the strategy, execution, and analysis of performance marketing campaigns to drive subscriber growth and engagement across digital marketing channels including but not limited to Paid Social, Paid Search, and Programmatic.
• Serve as the main point of contact for DTC business counterparts and stakeholders, as well as the internal Investment/Buying team to plan and optimize spend and CPAs across channels and initiatives to ensure acquisition and engagement marketing goals are met.
• Identify and test new customer acquisition opportunities to improve performance and reduce CPAs to efficiently grow the subscriber base.
• Analyze KPIs on an ongoing basis to ensure that campaigns are maximizing return on ad spend – focus on finding and driving high quality subscribers as determined by lifetime value.
• Review test insights and make recommendations for future testing/optimization, testing marketing variables including offer, copy/messaging, targeting and segmentation, and creative.
• Perform post-campaign analysis of performance marketing campaigns to drive and improve strategy.
• Work closely with the internal Investment/Buying team to ensure campaigns are executed flawlessly and are optimized towards the campaign goal. This also includes working with the internal Analytics/Ad Ops teams to ensure the implementation of the necessary campaign tracking and tagging.
• Advocate for data-driven decision making leveraging multiple data sources from tech stack, external partners and internal resources to increase customer acquisition and engagement.
• Identify opportunities to use first and third party data to inform decisions.
• Responsible for staying up to date on emerging trends across paid performance marketing vehicles – particularly within the streaming and/or subscription ecosystem.
• 3+ years digital direct-response marketing experience required.
• Track record for successfully driving digital customer growth and revenue through across paid media platforms for a direct-to-consumer brand. Experience within subscription and/or streaming ecosystem strongly preferred.
• Expertise within performance marketing and paid user acquisition experience across a range of digital channels; media agency experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and drive strategic marketing plans for large, complex organizations.
• Experience and/or understanding of bid-based buying platforms (such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.).
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills, with ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment of multiple priorities.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities are a must.
• Creative problem solver at heart. An independent thinker and idea-generator who is also a team player and possesses a collaborative spirit.
• College degree required.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.