The world is changing all around us. To continue to grow as a business over the next years we must look ahead, understand the changing trends and be prepared for that what's to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. Join us to be part of the adventure. Discovery inspires people to be the best they can.
Discovery has recently implemented a major initiative to transform our People & Culture function including the development of new shared Global Services in Poland and India along with the launch of SAP SuccessFactors and ServiceNow that will deliver a digitally enabled People & Culture function and workplace.
The P&C Operations Manager role will be responsible for the day to day management and leadership of our P&C Services team across Pune, Bangalore, and New Delhi . This role plays a key part in the overall P&C function of Operations, which serves as the backbone of Discovery's P&C organization, ensuring a positive employee experience and working collaboratively to align the data, processes and procedures owned by the P&C Function.
We are looking for a passionate lead professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced international and challenging environment.
• Supervisory: Responsible for overseeing the operations of the India based P&C Services team supporting activities across the globe with a primary focus on the APAC region. Promote the training, personal growth, professional development, career progression and teamwork of the team. (10+ employees, including supervisors and leads in Operations).
• Customer Service: support employees on diverse queries via case management and live chat, act as a guide to help them complete self-service actions in People & Culture Systems, update data and information in People & Culture Systems as required and assist employees in navigating to policies or knowledge on the portal. Continuously review performance levels to support the identification and execution of continuous improvements to ensure effective service delivery, as well as against performance standards, employee feedback and KPIs
• Employee life cycle events: providing support and leadership around the APAC support areas that are centralized and owned within with team in India. This includes data updates and processing, positions management, creation of different employment documentation, support payroll process, benefit enrollment and employee leave processes (i.e. – maternity leave)
• Reporting and information requests: support in pulling together information requests from the wider business or internal requests from the People & Culture team as required
• Continuous Improvement & Projects: looking for opportunities to optimize and simplify our processes & ways of working and improve the employee experience. Review and sign off on the process documentation and technical design documentation to confirm understanding and assure quality of the P&C solution which will transition into the P&C Global Services team.
• Stakeholder management: Manage relationships with key stakeholders, to ensure seamless provision of appropriate quality advisory and transactional services and alignment with the wider People & Culture function
• Previous professional experience (5+ years) working in a global organization with an understanding of global HR processes and service center/service delivery is essential.
• Extensive experience in customer service delivery, recruitment support management, and multi-country data and payroll administration activities required.
• Direct experience of people management with strong teamworking/building skills
• Strong willingness to develop in the People & Culture (HR) field
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken (Mandarin Chinese will be an advantage but not required)
• High degree of respect for the confidentiality and sensitivity of HR and payroll data
• Knowledge of People & Culture (HR) Systems like ServiceNow, SuccessFactors, and Icims
• Highly motivated and self-starter, with high level of energy and pro-active approach to work
• Must have the legal right to work in India