Digital Account Specialist
New York, NY
Manager, Digital Revenue & Sales Strategy is responsible for a broad range of pricing, planning, and revenue strategy areas across the entire portfolio of Digital properties. Reporting to the VP of Digital Revenue & Sales Strategy, t he Manager will focus on developing and supporting pre-sales strategy to maximize inventory, revenue, and yield. In this position, the Manager will also need to interact regularly with a cross-functional team of internal stakeholders, including the Ad Sales, Ad Operations and Ad Sales Marketing. The ideal candidate will have a background in digital media sales planning/marketing, a strong understanding of the digital video/OTT landscape, and a passion for world of television/streaming.
• Develop, maintain, and distribute ad product rate-card across Digital Sales and Marketing organization. Set pricing guidelines by marketplace (Upfront/Scatter), communicating changes in market pricing to sales leads and the planning team.
• Manage digital media packaging and sponsorship strategy across the portfolio of networks, inclusive of high-profile tent pole and special events.
• Oversee the review and approval process of all outbound media plans for pricing/inventory integrity; provide feedback and recommendations to sales planning team to drive highest yield and revenue opportunity.
• Liaise with a convergent sales team, marketing, and product & tech to set best practices in media planning, and identify revenue opportunity throughout the pre-sales planning and RFP stages.
• Primary point of contact for sales and marketing leads throughout pre-sales planning process, providing direction and communicating opportunity and sell-out risks.
• 3 to 4 years' experience in digital advertising with a strong background in media planning, sales operations, or marketing solutions
• Knowledge of RFP process and deal life-cycle
• Knowledge of digital advertising platforms and products
• Strong analytical, communication and time management skills
• Ability to understand and interpret trends and react with strategic/tactical changes
• Knowledge of MS office (specifically Excel), experience with order management systems and ad-server reporting a plus (Operative, Freewheel)
• Able to make actionable and informed decisions, effective communicator
• Ability to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
• Ability to lead and work with a diverse team
• Must have the ability to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.