The Discovery+ Content Marketing team is seeking a Manager, Acquisition Content Marketing to join our team. The role will oversee marketing strategy for original acquisition titles and documentaries that are exclusive to discovery+ and continue to define the brand, outside of the Discovery Inc. network content. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned content marketing manager with a track record of driving awareness, audience acquisition, and engagement for streaming content, preferably on an OTT service, DTC product, or at a television network. They will bring a strong track record of identifying marketing opportunities around content and guiding the strategy for campaigns that perform across all channels. The ideal candidate will have a mix of experience with marketing acquisition strategy, creative expertise, media buying knowledge, and campaign management skills to support the overall business. They will be able to draw insights from data and translate those into action plans for all internal and external teams. They will be a passionate, curious, and empathetic leader who can work collaboratively with teams across research, media, content, strategic growth, and creative.
• Serve as a key marketing team member leading the strategy for acquisition titles, including titles that are exclusive to discovery+ for a limited time, originals, and titles not associated with Discovery Inc. cable networks.
• Report to the Director, Originals Marketing & Convergence and work closely with content acquisitions teams, internal media strategy team, and campaign management team to execute on strategic title priorities.
• Work closely with research, content, and analytics to craft data-driven strategies that guide the campaign direction for all original titles.
• Develop existing talent and hire/onboard junior talent to grow the function.
• Manage relationships with cross functional teams to provide strategic directions for campaigns; in particular, coordinate tightly with other functions, including media, campaign management, brand, creative, and PR to ensure acquisition campaigns fit with overall brand initiatives and communications timelines
• Work with campaign management team in strategic direction for acquisition campaigns, assisting with agency selection, as appropriate
• Establish the objectives, key results, processes and workflow to ensure a high functioning group
• 5-7+ years of experience marketing content with a track record specifically in streaming, television, direct-to-consumer products, or title marketing campaigns.
• Team collaboration – a track record of working closely and smoothly with cross-functional, high-performing teams with different objectives.
• Ability to think strategically, and able to balance long-term strategy with short-term results
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft story and represent it to executives, team members, and outside agencies
• Ability to quickly consume large amounts of data and draw insights that drive the business forward
• High integrity and experience managing third party agencies and cross functional teams
• A sincere love for television and desire to change the status quo
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw719n-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.