At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
We're looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of consumers who engage with us every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
As Director International Content, Pre-sales & Acquisitions, you will be responsible for attracting and evaluating content at any development stage, defining the strategy for pre-sales and internal/external co-productions with a focus on premium factual and formats. You will also lead the content sourcing team responsible for programming acquisitions for Discovery's linear brands and Discovery+ across EMEA.
Reporting to the Group VP Content EMEA & International the right person for this role is adaptable, proactive, and has strong editorial judgement and project management skills.
• Driving strategy, vision, and process for pre-sales and co-production with a particular focus on format roll-out opportunities and early development, communicating these effectively internally.
• Working with Discovery EMEA commissioning teams and US Originals and Acquisition teams, to identify and delivery on co-productions opportunities for Discovery+ and linear brands.
• Leading and managing team responsible for sourcing, evaluation, and content acquisition delivering on complex multi-market needs and offers.
• Manage central production & acquisitions budget.
• For any content that needs to be edited / modified, or requires creative involvement, this head will supervise directly or in partnership with the International commissioning teams.
• Partnering with critical internal teams including insights and analytics, growth and retention marketing, finance, business affairs & legal, tech & product, PR & comms, etc throughout all stages of the process to ensure smooth execution, and to maximize the content's value to DTC.
• Working with FP&A on valuation and BLA on negotiation of license terms.
• Supporting the Global DTC content team as a whole as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
• Strong experience in content acquisition and production and/or content sales and distribution.
• Work experience in content at a streaming platform.
• Quantitative analysis and strategic thinking.
• Understanding of and passion for content from an analytical and strategic point of view, as well as subjective point of view.
• Familiarity with international markets, international distributors / commissioners, and formats.
• Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities, strong verbal and written communications skills, and demonstrated leadership skills.
• Comfortable in ambiguity and effective operating in a matrixed organization.
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently.
• European language skill (verbal & written) will be an advantage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93nxk-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.