Silver Spring, MD
The Director of Distribution Finance supports to the US Networks Distribution team by providing analytical and financial insight related to Discovery’s domestic cable networks. As a vital resource to the organization, this role directly supports the deal team in renewal efforts and provides insight to senior management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Developing deep knowledge of economic terms in key affiliate agreements, particularly as they relate to fees and packaging.
• Analyzing economics of distribution deals and contributing Finance point of view during negotiations.
• Developing and maintaining complex and flexible financial models to evaluate proposals and provide live, real-time scenario analysis to senior management.
• Preparing presentation materials for executive management.
• Providing ad hoc analysis and participating in special projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance, MBA a plus.
• Experience working in a highly analytical environment for 7+ years, with Media and contract experience a plus.
• Experience in data modeling with advanced Excel skills and experience in BI tools.
• Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
• Great teammate with strong project management and organizational skills.
• Curious businessperson with the ability to develop creative solution
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.