Business Analyst & Decision Support
Discovery is looking for a Corporate Development lead for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region reporting to EVP Corporate Development, EMEA & APAC and working closely with the new Head of Insights, Strategy & Business Development APAC. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and is looking for an opportunity to be an important leader within Discovery's APAC business.
Discovery's Corporate Development group is primarily responsible for evaluating and executing strategic M&A transactions, partnerships and investments. The team also supports the development and execution of company-wide corporate strategy and assists business units/divisions in evaluating new business and/or cross-organization opportunities.
The Director, Corporate Development APAC will be responsible for working with Discovery's senior leadership team across the APAC region to source, evaluate, and execute potential corporate transactions and business development opportunities in support of the company's mid-to-long range strategy.
The Director will be part of the global Corporate Development team and will also work closely with Strategy and Insights colleagues in APAC, and across Discovery globally.
The location of the role is flexible as the Director will be required to work across time zones and markets in APAC. In time, the role will be based in Discovery's offices in Singapore.
• Working closely with the APAC leadership team and within the group Corporate Development team to identify, assess and prepare recommendations on the strategic and financial impact of potential business development opportunities.
• Lead in all aspects of transaction execution including project management, due diligence, valuation, and documentation.
• Develop comprehensive financial modelling (business models, financial plans and enterprise valuations) of potential opportunities to determine financial impacts for the business.
• Create clear, concise PowerPoint presentations that explain strategic opportunities to senior leadership, and confidently present these findings to the local and international teams.
• Apply creativity and judgement in producing and updating financial models, plans, valuations, impact analyses and sensitivities, based on a variety of assumptions.
• Be a key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders in the region, working closely with the Head of Insights, Strategy & Business Development and the EVP Corporate
• Development EMEA & APAC to ensure that relationships are managed.
• Work closely with Strategy, Insights, Commercial, Legal, Accounting, Tax, and other teams while evaluating potential transactions.
• Experience in a Business Development role such as at an investment bank or within a corporation.
• TMT sector experience is desirable.
• Experience working across multiple markets
• Ability to analyze, structure, and prepare discussion materials for a variety of potential deals including acquisitions, combinations, joint ventures, minority investments, and other equity transactions, as well as large-scale new business ventures.
• Ability to synthesize and concisely present complex qualitative and quantitative information to stakeholders to assist decision making.
• Ability to research and model financial outcomes based on a variety of assumptions while incorporating all relevant market, industry, and company factors.
• A rigorous understanding of the media industry and the global business and economic environment.
• Strong oral and written communications, and financial modelling skills.
• Strong financial acumen spanning corporate finance, accounting and economics.
• Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, ownership, responsiveness and diplomacy in managing multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
• Ability to identify, analyze, structure and make recommendations on a variety of potential opportunities and deal constructs.
• Experience and understanding of the digital landscape and the ability to analyze and make recommendations on digital opportunities that align with Discovery's direct-to-consumer growth aspirations.
• Good understanding of the media and entertainment environment across both traditional and digital models.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, able to influence, guide and make recommendations to senior executives
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.