Marketing & PR Manager
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
Position Title: Corporate Communications Executive
Division: Discovery UK & Ireland
Department: Corporate Communications UK
Reports to: Senior Corporate Communications Manager UK
The Corporate Communications Executive is responsible for supporting Discovery UK's corporate communications team including media relations, digital communications, CSR, event management, reporting, coverage evaluation and internal communications. Discovery is a major commercial broadcaster in the UK with 15 channels across pay and free-to-air television, and streaming service discovery+. This position plays a key role in the team supporting the core goal of promoting and reinforcing the Discovery brand to stakeholders inside and outside the organisation.
• Source and draft press releases for the UK business and EMEA where required (e.g. commissioning news, commercial partnerships, and affiliate deals).
• Manage communications calendars, identify speaking opportunities and coordinate award entries for the UK.
• Provide coverage reports for UK business announcements and summarise key media and business news for company management.
• Assist with corporate social media communications, designing creative and copywriting materials for digital platforms.
• Maintain and update communication toolkits for the UK (e.g. press lists, biographies, boilerplates) .
• Support internal and external events on an ad hoc basis.
• Provide support for UK CSR initiatives including 'Impact Day', a global initiative where employees volunteer their time to help local charities.
• Support the SVP Communications EMEA, Senior Director Communications EMEA and Senior Manger Internal Communications as needed on ad hoc projects.
• Perform other duties as assigned including administrative tasks such as processing invoices.
• 2-5 years' experience in corporate communications/PR
• A passion for the broadcast and media industries
• Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive, highly-organised and a hard-working team player
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office; additional design skills beneficial (Photoshop)
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.