Social Media Coordinator
New York, NY
The Consumer Products Licensing team is part of Ad Sales and is the business segment that extends the Discovery Inc. family of Network Brands, Tent Pole Events and certain Show Properties into merchandise categories and experiences ranging from toys, apparel, accessories, home décor, food & beverage, books and location-based entertainment. Our team works cross functionally with Ad Sales and Ad Sales Marketing to come up with ideas for products & partnership programs and works with our third-party vendors to bring them to retailers and consumers across the country. The Coordinator of Licensing position will provide both operational and project management support to the Consumer Products Licensing team.
Product Development & Approvals
• Manage North American product development submissions between licensor and licensees for all brands via Media Box
• Review each product submission to make sure that there is a valid contract for the property, merchandise category, distribution channel and territory.
• Effectively communicate creative comments to licensees, answer questions, manage licensees' expectations and project timelines, and ensure licensees adhere to DCP procedures and program requirements.
• Work closely with CP category leaders to direct the licensee in the creation of initial line products, determining line extensions of original products, and in the development of products from conception to production.
• Responsible for licensee onboarding to Media Box, asset distribution to partners including style guides, character art, scripts, footage, marketing materials etc., by working with creative and other divisions to collect and distribute these items.
• Manage product approvals system to keep it organized, up to date and make sure approvals are responded to within contractual timelines.
• Oversee product samples by ensuring licensees supply finished samples per their contractual obligations; properly route samples as required; and monitor sample requests.
• Work closely with Customer Service to review & record all product complaints
• Assist in requesting, collecting and organizing line lists, sell-in & sell-thru data, retail updates, marketing & merchandising plans, gift guides, etc.
• Participate in line reviews & product development meetings with licensees on a regular basis and attend when necessary
• Assist in preparing sales decks and brand one-sheets for various internal and external meetings
• Conduct online and brick & motor retail audits seasonally as directed and submit findings
• Assist with the preparation of deal memos as requested • Coordinate materials for trade shows, advertising, events, subscriptions, and line reviews
• Manage and track invoicing process for the consumer products team
• Create, manage and maintain all Domestic Data bases including: Licensee List, Retail Contacts List, Financial Contacts List, President & CEO Contacts List, sales leads list by category
• Oversee Google Drive organization
• Schedule meetings and calls with clients/licensees as directed
• Coordinate sample requests, shipments, and storage
• Work on special projects as directed by Vice President of Licensing including style guide coordination, tradeshow registration/schedules, decks
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Attention to detail with great organizational skills
• Professional communication skills (spoken and written)
• Ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize workload, self-start
• Ability to anticipate issues and problem solve
• Computer Proficient: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & MAC
• Media or creative experience a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.