About the Company
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses. Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff that dreams are made of.
Reporting to the CEO and Chief People & Culture Officer, the Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer (CDEIO) will be responsible for defining and reinforcing an enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion strategy that ensures WBD continues to fulfill its commitments to building and nurturing an organization that encourages and values, diverse perspectives in our workplace and our world-class content globally. The CDEIO will be a passionate advocate for all our organizational values and will have primary responsibility for championing those values both internally and externally to ensure employees and business partners understand and are aligned with our critical D&I objectives. In defining and reinforcing our enterprise-wide D&I strategy, the individual will ensure support coordination and consistency across the Business Segments, while also accommodating specific workforce and geographical considerations.
For workforce diversity, the CDEIO will partner with People & Culture (P&C) globally on talent planning, leadership development and talent acquisition to identify and nurture a diverse pipeline of talent. For content diversity, will partner with agencies, producers, directors and the broader creative community to ensure a pipeline of creative talent. In this role, they will own the implementation of the D&I content strategy, including defining metrics and reporting.
Additionally, the CDEIO will develop consistent messaging about D&I across WBD brands and properties given our enterprise-wide policy statement and commitment. As well as for fully implementing that policy and crafting and publicly sharing the story of a media company that has a historic proven commitment to diversity in front of and behind the camera. S/he will focus on how best to convey our work with multiple internal and external constituencies and stakeholders.
The role will also be responsible for fostering a high-performance environment in which all employees can belong as their authentic selves, can thrive and contribute their best and where there is opportunity for all. S/he will build and nurture an even more inclusive workplace further supporting WBD's workforce, workplace and community values. In support of this work, the role will define and be responsible for employee engagement initiatives working with colleagues in P&C at both the Corporate level and the business segments. At a critical point in the Company's history, will lead our work to define the culture of the organization going forward.
Finally, working with each of WBD's businesses, the CDEIO will support the enterprise-wide corporate social responsibility (CSR) objectives and strategy.
• Enterprise-wide DE&I strategy
• Content and creative partner diversity
• Workforce diversity, reporting and programs
• Enterprise-wide coordination across D&I initiatives and Business Resource Groups
• Engage with external/industry D&I organizations and champions
• Broaden the definition of D&I to include multiple forms and types of diversity
• Promote a culture that values a diverse workforce and drives employee engagement
• Develop a distinct and resonant D&I narrative and brand for WBD
• Maintain policy and thought leadership in the D&I community and media industry
Competencies and Skills
• Ideal background is senior management role with experience in legal, human resources, diversity and inclusion within an entertainment company and or news organization
• Superior leadership and influencing skills, aligning resources to support strategic projects
• Demonstrated diversity management experience including developing and managing internal diversity communications and external diversity relations, managing diverse employee network groups, managing large-scale diversity training initiatives, managing diversity councils, managing mentoring initiatives
• Brings significant experience and expertise on the topics of measurement, communications, education and emerging trends in the diversity space
• Uses considerable skill and maturity in managing corporate-wide agenda, interacting with and influencing executive decision makers, offering consulting resources and communicating to build relationships and credibility
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external constituencies from varied and diverse backgrounds, including line and executive staff, and persons representing industry, corporate, government and community-based organizations
• Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to work independently on highly complex projects with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated team leadership, facilitation skills and ability to build strong teams
• Effectively articulate the case for diversity and create commitment to change efforts
• 10 or more years of senior level management experience. Five or more years of management experience including leading teams of diversity professionals is required
• Demonstrated results in organization assessment, strategic planning, development and implementation of diversity initiatives that have positively impacted large de-centralized organizations
• Breadth and depth of experience in leading change within complex and diverse organization cultures
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5jyk1-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.