Photo & AV Studio Manager
Discovery also has a strong portfolio of free-to-air channels across Europe making it a leading broadcaster in a number of countries, including Norway, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Germany and the UK. As a purpose-driven company, we are dedicated to not only entertaining but inspiring.
For 30 years we have told stories that entertain, inspire and enlighten our viewers around the world, about the world. But our work doesn't stop there. We are committed to making the world a better place by leveraging our market-leading global platform, and by extending the reach and influence of like-minded organizations and causes. We also are dedicated to employee volunteerism across the globe.
ABOUT DISCOVERY INDIA:
Discovery India, the country's leading infotainment player, is dedicated to satisfying curiosity, engaging and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its portfolio of 12 channels including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Discovery HD World, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo, Discovery Kids, Discovery JEET, Animal Planet HD World, TLC HD World, Discovery Tamil and a premium sports channel DSPORT. From survival to natural history, wonders of science to extreme jobs, motoring to travel and lifestyle, and the latest engineering marvels to original content productions to live sporting events, each channel offers distinct must-watch programming to engage viewers across the country.
Discovery Communications India is a division of Discovery Networks Asia Pacific (DNAP).
Discovery's Guiding Principles are designed to define the distinctive character, spirit and attitude of our organization…and to inspire us as we design our future.
We really want our leaders to model these principles, and to infuse them into everything we do. This really gets to the very core of Discovery – our spirit, our attitudes and aspirations – our ethos.
These powerful words and phrases define who we are as a company and we hope our leaders practice every time they are setting goals, making decisions and model the behaviors.
Context of the Role
Discovery+ is the single destination for infotainment content across the globe with content spanning categories such as Adventure, Travel, Food, Auto, and Wildlife. The Discovery+ app which is already live in India, and slated to be available in multiple countries starting Jan 2021, is rated 4.3+ across Android and iOS platforms and is the only aggregated destination of over 20+ premium brands extending from real life entertainment to knowledge based programming. We are looking for an organized and self-driven individual, who loves infotainment content and understands the pulse of digital audiences.
• Develop, own, and execute the 360 digital marketing strategy which will include social media, influencers, digital media buying etc. to build brand awareness on relevant social media networks for discovery+
• The individual will be responsible for managing end to end communication and social strategy for monthly show promtoions/launches for AVOD, SVOD and Originals as well as for brand led communication
• Work with social media agency to develop on-going social calendar and engaging campaigns (including topical posts, live streams, moment marketing etc) that results in social media community growth and drives app adoption
• Lead differentiated show promotions launches on social media for tentpole shows and come up with innovative ways to leverage digital platforms along with respective agencies like media, influencers, social
• Manage reporting and analytics to quantify effectiveness of social media content and campaigns
• Manage daily ORM and work on ideas that can help build positive sentiment for the brand
• Closely work with internal teams for timely execution across channels – Creative production, Product, Content, Performance marketing and PR
Skills & Requirements
• Qualification: Bachelor's degree or higher • 5-7 years of experience in managing social media and digital marketing
• Experience in executing scaled social campaigns
• Strong design sense and creative execution skills • Impeccable grammar and writing skills with a good grasp of brand tonality
• Through knowledge of major social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter etc. and ability to continuously ideate and innovate within the social space
• Ability to manage multiple campaigns and creative ideas with demanding timelines in a fast-paced OTT environment • Expertise in paid & owned (organic) media channels and strong analytical skills
• YouTube Certification / Other digital certifications a plus
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as the role involves working effectively with multiple internal teams and agency partners
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.