AM is looking for a Reporter/Producer to play a critical role in launching AM and AM Early in 2022 - creating the best morning television in New Zealand.
The show is going to have a new look and a new studio, as well as an exciting new on-air presenting team, including Melissa Chan-Green and Ryan Bridge.
You'll be tasked with coming up with interview ideas, and play a vital role in the production of The AM Show. We are looking for someone who will also be able to report on the show, as necessary including being acting as back up to our Roving Weather Reporter. This role will form a vital part in an energetic, dynamic team that has a passion for delivering a high quality morning news programme featuring a variety of interviews on news and current events.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in the creation and launch of a new television show and we are seeking only the best to fill this role.
• Source and provide news stories for the AM bulletins
• Provide live news crosses into the programme when required
• Present integration crosses and segments when required
• Present out and about crosses on the show when required
• Back up for Roving Weather Presenter
• Duties for 1130 news bulletin, when required
• Produce programme segments.
• Source, pre-interview and book talent for the show.
• Assist in the sourcing of digital and social media content.
• Creating and inputting supers/graphics, editing b-roll.
• Provide support to the Chaser Producer in covering breaking news.
• Write accurate and concise briefings for presenters, honing in on key points/angles.
• Write and cut show teasers and promos.
• Assist in putting the finishing touches on the programme during the morning.
• Assist with future planning by identifying interview, live and feature opportunities.
• Assist reporters with their live crosses and features by making background checks,
• supplying research notes and doing pick up interviews when necessary. Maintaining an extensive contacts base.
• Contribute to the programme's digital platforms.
• A strong understanding of health and safety policies and procedures • Understanding of newsroom procedures, practices and operations
• Understanding of software, equipment and apps used in newsroom operations, and willingness to continually improve knowledge .
• Must be self-motivated with an ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast paced environment while working with multiple stakeholders
• Reliable and personally responsible; self manages workload and organises and completes work in a timely, consistent manner
• Able to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines and directions
• Organised and able to manage multiple projects; able to determine task urgency in a practical way; organizes and schedules tasks effectively.
• A self starter who is focussed on solutions.
• Strong communication skills both spoken and written
• Ability to effectively deal with stress, and work effectively under pressure • A tertiary degree or qualification in Broadcasting
• Knowledge of media law, and the Broadcasting Act.
We're looking for a self-starter with the ideas, attitude and reporting skills to deliver compelling content that is accessible to our Newshub audiences. If you would like to be part of our team please apply today!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ronqy6-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.