The manager of ad sales research & insights will provide support to the Mexico Ad Sales team by deploying and analyzing industry, audience, and consumer research to help drive advertising sales and guide business strategies. This role will be responsible for in-depth analysis of portfolio, content and advertising performance from a multi-platform standpoint while creating data-based narratives to support ad sales initiatives.
• Work closely with the Ad Sales team to optimally position Discovery's Latin American multiplatform portfolio using audience measurement tools, syndicated data resources, and insights from custom research studies.
• Create sales pitches and presentations through integration of audience-based insights from a variety of data sources, and develop systems to track audience delivery versus expectations.
• Plan and execute custom research projects to meet needs of the advertising sales team, and their client partners.
• Identify and subscribe to syndicated research that will provide useful insights on the Mexican consumer and media industry. Analyze and communicate results, identifying key implications and action steps for the team.
• Oversee all sales-oriented research activity and assist sales groups with relevant and useful data to help sell our linear and digital products to advertisers.
• Assist sales groups in client pitches or meetings if necessary.
• 5+ years market research experience with advertising agency, cable/broadcast network or streaming players.
• Knowledge of Mexico TV/video streaming and Advertising market and familiarity with Kantar/IBOPE methodology and tools.
• Knowledge of tools to analyze Discovery brands and content on non-linear platforms: Google/Adobe Analytics, FB Insights, Social Bakers, CrowdTangle, Tubular, Brandwatch.
• Very strong analytical skills with the ability to see numbers and draw insights with actionable conclusions.
• Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated track record in developing creative ad sales pitches using integrated data sources.
• Strong communication and project management skills are essential.
• Research experience in Latin America strongly preferred.
• An understanding of how to use advanced research techniques (i.e. reallocation, optimization, reach & frequency) in the sales process.
• Independent problem solving skills, self-starter, able to juggle multiple requests, involving multiple markets and channels.
• Tech and numbers ''savvy'' with the ability to learn and handle multiple software and databases.
• Proficiency with word, excel and powerpoint (or google tools). Tableau, Adobe Analytics or Power BI is a plus.
• Proficiency in English.
• Education – Minimum Bachelor's degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnemj-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.