Account Services Representative
Los Angeles, CA
Join our Sales organization – the team that creatively sells digitally lead 360 cross-platform client focused solutions. As a Digital Account Executive, you will work across Discovery's US networks including: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, Magnolia, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network. Our inspiring brand safe environment leads consumers to action at scale. The Digital AE role will play a critical role within our fast-paced advertising sales team focusing on the growth of all digital platforms including Discovery+, digital video/TVE, our websites, social platforms, and all data centric solutions. We are passionate about what we sell, we know the brands and platforms and are excited to take them to our clients. In the Audience Solutions organization, we are seeking someone who leads with tech & data driven client solutions while leveraging the full scale of our portfolio. We operate as One Team and want someone who is curious and eager to learn; who continues to question the status quo and has a hunger to deliver results. We want someone who is future oriented and strategic about approaching the business for the client who wants to be part of crafting the future of video, data and entertainment.
• Evangelize cross portfolio and platform video selling internally and externally and have a genuine interest in driving innovation within the organization Understand the dynamics of the evolving OTT/SVOD/AVOD space and how Discovery Audience Solutions can drive business goals for advertisers
• As a consultative seller, drive TVE/video, site, social, and data centric revenue across Discovery's portfolio
• Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with clients. Drive deals to closure in a new business environment.
• Create client specific tech & data driven solutions while leveraging the full scale of Discovery's portfolio Develop, own, and pro-actively maintain digital client/advertising agency business, including growth of key accounts, new business and drive campaign success and billings/revenue growth of the practice. Prospect, build pipeline, steal share, get ahead of RFP process.
• Provide meaningful thought leadership with an emphasis on both actionable and future-state offerings – contributing to the digital team's overall business growth goals
• Be the expert on ad products and marketing executions for all Discovery's product offerings, and data centric solutions.
• Drive marketing conversations on behalf of client, understand client POV and ultimately what will sell. Create a feedback loop to improve ad products and marketing.
• Identify, define, and analyse consumer trends across major markets; bring insights back to the team to develop a selling strategy.
• Translate data strategy into digestible insights and strategic plans – to cut through complexity in order to create clarity and simplicity for clients
• Drive the sales process from prospecting, RFP, RFI & platform proposal
• Develop strategic relationships with key partners and platforms in the digital video space
• Apply a broad range of creative problem-solving skills to business and client issues, combining strategic, technical and analytical excellence, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations/proposals
• Manage multiple initiatives at once and ensure strong integration, delivery and execution across the sales organization; develop strong internal partnerships
• Interpret success stories/case studies and be able to apply them to specific advertiser/partner opportunities on the fly
• Work effectively with team members throughout the network portfolio; leverage relationships across the company to accomplish goals
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Communication
• Minimum of 5 – 6 years of prior digital experience primarily selling digital video, OTT, and data with a deep understanding of the digital landscape
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to sell value and not just price
• Working knowledge and a deep interest for the entertainment industry, digital market trends, new media technologies, changing consumer behaviors, emerging content business models (branded entertainment, subscription, transactional and advertising-supported), and implications of distributing content across digital platforms.
• Proven strategic thinker with the ability to analyze data and translate it into specific and measurable tactics, actions, and outcomes.
• Understanding of how our clients set priorities and performance goals, and how we can align our product portfolio to best fulfill those needs
• Extensive knowledge on how programmatic/digital media is bought and sold, including fluency in ad techDeep relationships within the marketplace with digital agencies
• Fluent in MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Must have the legal right to work in the US
• History of consistently exceeding revenue targets and driving growth - Have an extreme hunger to be successful and do whatever it takes to win
• Entrepreneurially focused, creative problem solver with demonstrated experience developing business strategy, new revenue streams, tactics, and can implement recommendations
• Collaborative team player with strong stakeholder management skills, familiarity with complex, matrixed organizations
• Demonstrated self-starter with leadership and project management skills, but the self-awareness necessary to understand when/where to ask for help and guidance
• Proven ability to think creatively and strategically while navigating difficult and complex issues in a large, highly matrixed, dynamic corporate setting.
• Ability to embrace aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them
• Resilience-When it comes to winning new business, you know how to get to a ''yes''
• Excellent written, verbal, negotiation, and presentation skills (able to create and deliver presentations to senior level executives & clients and in new business settings)
• Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a changing environment
• Ability to be resourceful to get what you need – think outside the box and find innovate ways to generate revenue and construct the deal. Be a creative problem solver for your advertiser
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail
• Ability to manage and own your business
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.