Assist the Game Presentation Manager with production of the in-arena show and associated events for the Detroit Red Wings and Little Caesars Arena. Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to; Development of in-game content (TVTO's, intermission activities, pregame ceremonies and so forth), scheduling and payroll for DRW promotional team, events as needed, such as Season Ticket Holder Functions, Luncheons, Kids Club Open Programs, Face-Off Party and others.
• Produce live events integrating all production elements (i.e., lighting, music, video, PA, in-bowl and on-ice entertainment, etc.).
• Produce ceremonies and special events for the Detroit Red Wings and Little Caesars Arena.
• Emphasis on continuous evolution to ensure fans enjoy their experience each game.
• Manage game night crew to ensure requirements are met.
• Write scripts for PA announcers, in-arena hosts, ceremonies, promotions and interactive elements.
• Meet with necessary Corporate Partnership Marketing Managers and their clients, (if requested) to determine details of upcoming game nights and ensure needs are met while keeping fan experience at the forefront.
• Keep the master grid of all game night experiences for multiple departments including Zamboni ride schedule, penalty box visits, post game events and so forth.
• Perform additional functions as directed or assumed on personal initiative.
• Other responsibilities involve coordinating many non-Red Wings Events. Such as, other sporting events, concerts, family shows and private events.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Educational and/or 5 years' game day directing or relevant experience.
• Knowledge of broadcast control room and production environments.
• Experience with integration of multi-branded marketing and sponsorship environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Exceptional organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, demonstrating use of discretion and sound judgment.
• Willingness to work flexible hours when required.
• Ability to work in a team-based environment.
• Ability to deal with multiple senior staff in a demanding environment, often with tight deadlines, and flexibility with overtime.
• Ability to independently resolve issues and manage issues effectively.
• Maintain disposition in stressful and busy times.
• Ability to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with hockey environment and culture.
• Experience with entertainment marketing.
• Previous live event production experience preferred.
• Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Exposure to high noise level.
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
• While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly exposed to a facility environment, outside weather conditions, extreme cold/heat, chemicals, electricity, moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places; and fumes or airborne particles.
• Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The colleague frequently is required to sit. The colleague is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The colleague must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Requires long periods of time on feet.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5nzb3-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.