Community Impact Seasonal Assistant, Outreach and Engagement (Community Ticket Programs)
Amaze, Inspire, Unite
The seasonal community impact assistant (outreach and engagement: community ticket programs) is responsible for providing a wide range of support to the Detroit Tigers community impact department in areas including, but not limited to, administration of the annual community ticket programs.
Essential Job Functions:
• This seasonal role will serve as the main point of contact to oversee the development, execution, and evaluation of community ticket programs for the Detroit Tigers organization, including outreach to local community organizations, scheduling of ticket distributions, and season-long storytelling.
• Support research, development, presentation, and management of opportunities to positively impact the community through intentional and innovative programs focused on leveraging complimentary game tickets to support youth education, wellness, and sport participation efforts.
• Coordinate the Detroit Tigers Foundation's season-long Game Day For Kids program, which provides inclusive game day experiences at Comerica Park for thousands of children each season from the city of Detroit and Wayne County.
• Support Detroit Tigers community impact email accounts and phone lines, providing timely and considerate responses to each inquiry.
• Assist with the team's in-kind donation program, including daily processing of requests, allocation of merchandise, distribution of donations, inventory control, and tracking of all items.
• As needed, assist with meet and greets, special events, fan visits to team practices and games, Make-A-Wish events and more.
• Assist with administrative procedures and processes to maintain fiscal accountability and control; support oversight of the budget database and provide periodic reports related to expenditures, as well as monetary and in-kind donations.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Ilitch Holdings companies, colleagues, and corporate partners.
• Support the development of imagery and content to promote Detroit Tigers community impact work and upcoming programs/events on DetroitTigers.com, as well as social media or online content appropriate for the department.
• Support the collective community impact team as needed (sport participation and growth / fundraising and development).
Supplemental Job Functions:
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• Demonstrated high level of communications skills (verbal, written and presentation)
• Evidence of organization and planning skills and the ability to prioritize multiple events or projects and meet deadlines
• Evidence of attention to detail and accuracy
• Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office suite, database, Internet, etc.)
• Service oriented; committed to teamwork and catering to the customer
• Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
• Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Previous experience in community relations and/or special event planning
• Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
• Experience volunteering and/or working with nonprofit(s)
• Ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week with flexibility for additional hours as needed
• 2024 seasonal role is scheduled to begin on March 4, 2024 conclude on October 25, 2024
• Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Exposure to moderate - high noise level
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Olympia Entertainment.
Olympia Entertainment is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxj574-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.