Director, Partnership Sales
Director, Partnership Sales
Status (E/NE, FT/PT):
Exempt, Full Time
VP, Corporate Partnerships
Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.
The Detroit Pistons are looking for a passionate, collaborative and strong corporate partnership seller with the ability to multi-task, inspire and lead people. The Director will be responsible for the identification, negotiation and execution of fully integrated partnerships for the Detroit Pistons, in addition to managing the sponsorship business for both Motor City Cruise and Pistons GT properties, including leadership of one full time sales/activation coordinator and part-time intern. The Director will conduct and oversee the entire sales process from prospecting new business to the execution of the contractual agreements with corporate partners.
What you'll be doing:
• Responsible for cultivating new business on behalf of Corporate Partnerships team by developing proposals, generating leads, conducting presentations, and negotiating contracts. Ability to sell across all Pistons assets and inventory with focus on existing and emerging sponsorship assets.
• Generate new opportunities through the direct delivery of sales presentations for The Pistons.
• Establish, and build client relationships through prospecting and lead development projects, including networking activities outside of day-to-day appointments.
• Lead and/or assist the sales process from discovery to account development, negotiations, and closing.
• Develop sponsorship sales strategy and budget management of Motor City Cruise and Pistons GT properties, including development of junior level staff.
• Maintain a network of prospective clients and agency contacts.
• Collaborate with other departments to build out sponsored programs, including Creative and Communications, Data and Analytics, etc.
What we're looking for:
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, 5+ years of successful sponsorship and/or media sales experience.
• A solution/relationship seller with the ability to sell integrated partnerships with multiple assets.
• A hard worker who values integrity and respect for others, and a team player who also understands how to lead.
• Strong networking, negotiating, closing and communication skills, along with the ability to conduct face-to-face presentations.
• A candidate that can demonstrate a proven track record of maintaining and exceeding aggressive sales goals with senior level executives.
• Ability to keep accurate records detailing sales performance, appointment recaps, account management, and prospecting activities.
• Established network of clients in the Detroit Metro area preferred, but not necessary.
• A self-starter that has the ability to multitask, reacts well under pressure, and is able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Detroit Pistons organization is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from public health authorities and our medical advisors, we require that all Pistons employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will consider requests for exemptions to accommodate individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re2932-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.