Full Time Job
Business Development Executive
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionHere at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.
As a Business Development Executive, you will sell a comprehensive array of Detroit Pistons ticket-related products for Little Caesars Arena, with a strong emphasis on Season ticket and Partial ticket plans for all venues. Other products can include Pistons Group packages, hospitality, single event suite rentals, and long-term suite leases. The ideal candidate must be an ambitious, experienced sales professional who leads by example, establishes solid business relationships, maintains a professional demeanor, and maximizes opportunities to increase revenue potential. We value individuals that will reflect our core values and have a passion for the community.
What you'll be doing:
• Responsible for the sales of new Full, Partial and Group Outing ticket packages, as well as Single Game Suite Rentals and annual suite leases to both the business and consumer sectors for both Pistons and non-basketball related events
• Maintain business relationships with a pre-determined book of business for on-going renewal and upsell opportunities
• Meet and exceed established weekly, monthly and annual sales goals
• Implement and demonstrate outbound sales efforts by using the best sales and service practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture and personal database management
• Achieve at least an agreed upon number of outgoing phone calls per day with the purpose of creating business opportunities. Additionally, generate an agreed minimum number of weekly out of office as well as in arena ''face-to-face'' meetings to create new business opportunities
• Provide a quality level of customer service to all ticket buyers, regardless of level of purchase
• Continually craft and implement unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing business opportunities
• Contribute positively to the sales team culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all team members
• Participate and contribute to daily or weekly sales team meetings and training sessions
• Involvement in at least one specified networking group, to assist in creating new sales opportunities
What we're looking for:
• Four-year college degree and a minimum two years of successful sales experience in any industry. An established network of clients in the Detroit Metro area preferred, but not required.
• Proficient digital literacy including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as the ability to learn and master new software programs including the CRM platform (Salesforce) and ticketing system (Ticketmaster Archtics) is essential.
• Must have the ability to navigate the arena in order to visit clients during home games and escort potential customers on seat tours, showing various seating options and facilities on both game days and non-game days.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
We are seeking a standout colleague with strong organizational, time-management, customer service, and problem solving skills. Additionally excellent oral and written communication skills are vital to this role. An individual able to function in a fast-paced environment, balance multiple projects, and adhere to deadlines would thrive in this role. We are looking for a team member with a positive upbeat attitude that can lead and connect with a diverse population!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqq411-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.