Reporting to the Manager of IT Support ( Tier 1/Tier2) , the Tier 1 Technician is responsible for the day-to-day activities but not restricted to resolving issues and requests raised through monitoring, ticketing systems, and communications with colleagues and customers, application health maintenance, automating and improving daily operations by providing innovative solutions and best practices.
The Tier 1 Technician will have a strong sense of ownership, tenacity and a willingness and capability to cater to support services within a high-pressure environment, with the ability to restore services quickly whilst maintaining the confidence of internal and external stakeholders.
The Tier 1 Technician will be responsible to ensure best practice guidelines are maintained as defined by the Management and/or Leadership. The person in this role will ensure that incidents or requests are correctly assessed, triaged, and addressed, and resolved in a timely manner.
This position is based out of Bangalore, India. The role would be rotational shift 24/7 365 days.
• 3+ Years' experience with Enterprise level IT support, preferably in IT TIER 1/Service Desk
• Excellent Troubleshooting skills and technical support. Experience in working with highly collaborative environment and proven knowledge.
• Experience in Incident and Service ticket handling end to end
• Experience in interfacing directly with customers over Phone, e-mail for issues reported. Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Hands-on with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
• Hands on with Windows and Linux server administration
• Proficiency with MS Office tools, particularly with Excel and knowledge of Splunk or similar log parsing tools/technologies.
• Level 1 User account management for entire applications hosted ( Onboarding user, Offboarding User, License allocation etc.)
• Hands on with Active Directory Management
• Microsoft O365 End to End Management
• Level 1 troubleshooting and remote recovery of incidents reported
• Level 1 Software installation and troubleshooting
• Hands-on with communication tools like Teams, Slack ,Zoom, Bomgar etc.
• Hands-on with Ticketing and knowledge management tools like Jira, Wiki, Confluence etc.
• Knowledge of Network Routers, Switches, Firewalls.
• Knowledge of Networking fundamentals and Troubleshooting techniques
• Exposure in TV/Film postproduction environment a big plus
• Excellent understanding on Video/Audio Content distribution workflows a real plus
• Excellent understanding on video and metadata specification a real plus.
• Knowledge of ITIL fundamentals and preferably on Incident Management.
• Willing to work in a 24/7 rotational shift, must be resourceful, able to adapt to new situations and to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e026-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.