Technical Onboarding Engineer Lead
Sr. Technical Project Manager, Platform Operations
The Sr. Technical Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the on-time & within budget delivery of products and projects within the Deluxe Technology and Innovation Group. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Technical Project Manager will also work with the development and product teams to define the project's objectives and oversee quality control and value realization throughout the project/product lifecycle.
• Manages complex projects (or set of projects) and ensures the alignment of all project dependencies, milestones & deliverables
• Operates comfortably within both Agile and Gantt (waterfall) project environments
• Ensures that project plans are aligned with the requested timelines and goals for deliverables
• Owns the development & management of project plans, greenlighting process, budgets, issues and risks, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Manages projects in line with the defined processes for Risk, Issues, Change & Quality management, and ensures accurate and compliant document management
• Manages project budgets, reporting on actuals, estimates to complete and estimates at completion
• Ensures that all projects utilize and are compliant with established project methodologies & standards
• Identifies and ensures the allocation of the required stakeholders and resources needed to deliver programs & projects to plan & budget
• Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of projects including:
• Maintaining the Project Plan, Schedule & Budget, identifying managing any variances
• Reviewing project deliverables and providing Project Status reports weekly
• Managing action owners to ensure delivery of requirements within timescales, escalating & resolving issues as required
• Preparing documents for Advisory and Steering Committee Meetings
• Measuring and driving value realization
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
• Holds regular status meetings with project team and management
• Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
• Possesses strong understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
• Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of Deluxe's capabilities
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application on client projects
• Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential
• Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner. Inspires team members to attain goals and pursue excellence
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
• Mitigates team conflict and communication problems
• Serves as a role model for the team & challenges others to develop to the best of their abilities
• Manages day-to-day client interaction with regards to the programs and projects
• Sets and manages client expectations with regards to the programs and projects
• Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders & clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
• Has a basic knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives
What You Bring
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Must be very detail oriented and organized
• Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, IT Management or similar curriculum preferred
• 8+ years direct work experience in a technical project management capacity, including all aspects of project management and execution
• Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools, and the software development and project management life cycles.
• Experience in leading & managing complex project(s)
• Experience with M&E, Media Workflows or Media Asset Management systems strongly preferred
• PMI/PMP Certification preferred
• Strong familiarity with project management software/tools, such as MS Project, JIRA, Confluence
• Strong understanding of application programming, database and system design environments
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Flexible during times of change
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity
• Strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.